Omar Stoutmire (1 Viewer)

NolaDome

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I was reading the Questions from Payton's press coference........

I began thinking about the change and how Stoutmire's going to fill that position while Roman is out. I like the way Stoutmire has good instincts and seems to have good hands for a quick pick. Stoutmire also brings about that NFL experience and he often instructs Bullocks where to line up and seems to know what the Offense is trying to do. My only concern about this position is Stoutmire's size.

He is not that big, and I believe he will not be able to smash the run. Bellamy would be much better at stopping the run and perhaps we will switch to a rotation at that position once Bellamy is back in playing shape. I guess we will need our LB'ers to step up and stop the run because Stoutmire is going to have trouble tackling a running back if he gets into the secondary.

To be positve, It is better to lose someone at that positon than any other, but I hope that this position doesn't become a weak spot.

In the short time Stoutmire has been here, he looks like a younger version of Jay Bellamy, albeit not much younger. A seasoned veteran who won't get caught out of place and is good against the run. I would eventually like to see Scott get some more PT as he gets healthier. He has some experience and is assumedly faster than either Bellamy or Stoutmire. Its a good thing that we stockpiled these guys in TC.

I think Stoutmire isnt a liability like you would think most backups are.
Yeah its funny remembering everyone coming up with cute little jabs at the coaching staff for picking up safeties.
"Bennett to the Chiefs---"
Reply: Ha. Yeah they dont have any offensive lineman or corners we need, but Payton probably has his eye on a WR or a S.

What are the odds of getting Harper and Nincovich back for the playoffs, or does IR mean they're done until '07?
Both were listed as season ending injuries and I know it takes a long time to rehab ACLs or MCLs, but I thought maybe since both injuries happened early on in the season, that maybe there was a chance.

With Harper, I know many have said it will be next season before he will be back. I don't know the extent of Nincovich's injury though.

Oh well, it is good to know that we don't have to worry about drafting for their positions, I think they were big surprises from the draft this year, not talent-wise, but impact.

didn't mean to thread-jack this one.

I think Stout is solid at most phases of the game and comes in as a quality backup.

we are 1-0 with him in the starting lineup, don't change a thing. lol that is until harper comes back.

eric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom