OMG I had shrimp... (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
etouffee for the first time tonight. I found a recipe online at Shrimp Etouffee Recipe | Nola Cuisine and I can't believe how freakin good it was. I won't say its as good as crawfish, but it is now my 2nd favorite way to eat shrimp. Fried of course being #1.

etouffee for the first time tonight. I found a recipe online at Shrimp Etouffee Recipe | Nola Cuisine and I can't believe how freakin good it was. I won't say its as good as crawfish, but it is now my 2nd favorite way to eat shrimp. Fried of course being #1.

Have you had "bbq" shrimp? (Not really barbecue). The only real way I like shrimp is BBQ

not so much a fan of etouffe or creole, but I did make shrimp with linguine tonight in a butter and cream sauce with capers, shallots and garlic.

yum.

My first etoufee was when I was living in So Cal and my cajun Uncle John visited and made crawfish etouffee for us when I was a kid. I remember he started with two sticks of butter, added celery and onions (no green peppers, I don't think), then the crawfish. That's all I can remember. That, and that it was phenomenal.

I gotta say, Bubba was right on this one.
They's all kinds of ways to cook shrimp.

And they're ALL delicious.
Can't say I've ever had shrimp (outside of poor quality or spoiled) that wasn't great.

I like to REALLY finely dice (food process on grate or blend) my onions, bells, etc for a more flavorful sauce with nice smooth consistency.

I like to REALLY finely dice (food process on grate or blend) my onions, bells, etc for a more flavorful sauce with nice smooth consistency.

I like that idea... I do that in my BBQ sauce...

Joe

Not a Bad Looking Recipe..

Joe

I can't wait to try it for lunch today after all them flavors had a chance to spend the night in my fridge. Food always tastes better on day two.

wrap it in bacon and then coat it with some OMGBBQ. MMMMmmmmmm

That...NOLA BBQ shrimp with some crusty french bread is orgasmic...then shrimp n grits...

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. ....................shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

shrimp-etouffee-1.jpg

color looks right but it says make a blonde roux. I prefer it a bit darker in Etouffee.

I can't wait to try it for lunch today after all them flavors had a chance to spend the night in my fridge. Food always tastes better on day two.

That's the sign of a good cook. Somethings are naturally better a day or two later like red beans, but if your food is better the next day, you're goooooood.

Did you make a roux?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom