OMG, Martez WIlson is going to be an animal in a 3-4! (1 Viewer)

Polo_Haynes2.0

$1,000 We're going back!
Reaction score
I've been asking and wanting this scheme so bad, especially when we all got to see Wilson in action in our "old" measly 4-3 defense.

This dude is an absolute savage, just young. Actually a positive.

Can you imagine Junyah, Wilson & Hicks in a 3-4? In Rick James voice: The tables have turned Charlie Murphy.

Here's to making the league very uncomfortable, considering we're a top tier offense always, now, likely to have a defense to seriously compliment it without Darren Sharper.

Hate to sound like I'm jumping the gun a bit, but you guys have to be happy with knowing we actually have quite a few parts to run a seemingly successful 3-4 scheme with the likes of the manimals Wilson, Junyah, Hicks, and the just downright unfair, 3rd year manimal, CAM "why are you chasing me again" Jordan!

Sorry for the run-ons, just deeply impressed with the firing, and happy to have most of the pieces to a puzzle I'm trying to finish by Sunday.

It's on! Thank GOD for Sean Payton, the visor and swagger are officially back!

OMGGGGGGGG!!!

still like to see us get Jarvis Jones, biggest turnover machine in college football, does have injury concerns, but he forces so many fumbles, incredible.

For two seasons Martez Wilson snaps mainly consisted of passing downs. Why??? What did two different defensive coordinstors see?

I agree, tez's best asset was his long standout up athleticism, he never looked comfortable w his hand in the dirt, he does his best blitzes standing

He's not strong enough to beat the OT. Needs to put on 10 lbs. He has the speed to get around the corner but that rarely is allowed in the NFL. You have to use power and arms to push people using leverage techniques. For this you need strength.

I have a LOT of doubt Wilson would be that good as an OLB, yeah he is fast but he can't use his hands and doesn't cover that well either. If he makes an impact, it might be more at ILB in my opinion

He's not strong enough to beat the OT. Needs to put on 10 lbs. He has the speed to get around the corner but that rarely is allowed in the NFL. You have to use power and arms to push people using leverage techniques. For this you need strength.

This is absolutely true when he's in a 3 point stance but everything changes in standing position. He may not be strong enough to play a traditional DE, but I've see him use a combination of strength and speed to beat OTs in standing position. Strength will not be an issue for him in the 3-4. His hands/technique is a different story.

If you ask me, we do not have a "true" NT. Another thing is, I have never seen what Galette can do in a 2 point stance in the NFL. I'm not sure he'll be faster or more effective in a 2 point stance. It'll be interesting to see how this 3-4 gets assembled. Most of it will depend on the coach we get.

I have a LOT of doubt Wilson would be that good as an OLB, yeah he is fast but he can't use his hands and doesn't cover that well either. If he makes an impact, it might be more at ILB in my opinion

Looking back at some mocks from 2011 and it seems many thought his best position would be a ILB in a 1-gap 3-4. If it turns out that Rob Ryan is the def. coordinator, I think I'd want to see Martez inside (assuming we draft a OLB early and make Gallette the weakside OLB).

(decided to bump this rather than make yet another thread about our current players in a 3-4)

I see him playing the other OLB spot vs. the rush every down ROLB spot. Or even ILB for us.

Didn't want to creat a new thread for this. But assuming he stays healthy this time around how does Greg Romeus fit into a 3-4 as a opposed to a 4-3. I know he may never see another snap as a Saint, but I'm thinking best case scenario here. Really hoping for him to finally stay healthy and bring the wood this season. Might be his last shot.

He needs to play ILB. He has always down most of his damage blitzing up the gut where he can over power and outquick centers and guards.

Could you imagine our 3-4 if we drafted Dion Jordan and Jamie Collins? Our line backing corps. would have tremendous speed and length.

ROLB - Dion Jordan - 6'6" & 250lbs
RILB - Curtis Lofton - 6'0" & 240lbs
LILB - Martez Wilson - 6'5" & 250lbs
LOLB - Jamie Collins - 6'3" & 245lbs

Our LB's could cover TE's, track down RB's and rush the passer with ease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom