OMG!!! This coach took the blame for a mistake! OMG!! (1 Viewer)

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
They asked him about the Redzone Bush pass and he said it was attempt to be cute, my fault, i need to work on that we will work on that and improve..

Go to WWLTV.com and watch the Interviews.

I like this coach even after a loss.. WOW

Truth instead of excuses. Refreshing.

That was an awful play to call....hopefully it was flushed down the toilet right after the game.

That was an awful play to call....hopefully it was flushed down the toilet right after the game.

Now if they scored a TD, you'd say it was genius, right? Bottom line is the Ravens didn't bite on it and Bush should have throw it away or just covered up and tried to get as many yards as he can instead of forcing it. But just by the execution of it, it didn't seem like it was practiced too much...

I wouldn't throw it down the toilet just yet, but I wouldn't run it for another month at least.

Now if they scored a TD, you'd say it was genius, right? Bottom line is the Ravens didn't bite on it and Bush should have throw it away or just covered up and tried to get as many yards as he can instead of forcing it. But just by the execution of it, it didn't seem like it was practiced too much...

I wouldn't throw it down the toilet just yet, but I wouldn't run it for another month at least.

It'd have been the best call ever!!!! lol....

It was a bad decision for Reggie to go through with it. He tossed up a prayer into triple coverage. I agree, he should have turned it upfield instead...I'm sounding like Mora with the shoulda talk.

:)

It was a great play executed at the wrong time. This play would have worked had it been from the Saints 30-40 yard line. But in the red zone there is no chance to get behind the defense.

It wasn't a terrible play call. It was a bad pass, which will happen sometimes when a RB is throwing it.
Colston actually had good position to the sidelines. Bush threw it deep. All of McCallisters help was to the middle of the field.

It was simply one of those days. I've seen every team have those sort of games at one time or the other.

I mean a good pass to stecker shoots straight up and gets picked 6. We create a huge TO and it's considered a pass by a STUPID rule. We're sitting there waiting to get a HUGE Int. before half, instead it's tipped for a Ravens "Death Blow" TD.
I thought the Ravens outplayed us. But, not as bad as the score indicated. We just kept helping them look good all day long.

I thought it looked like the Ravens defender who intercepted pushed off big time. But there was no call. Depsite being outplayed by the Ravens, we were also outplayed by the refs. I'm not saying that if the refs had called a straight game we'd have won, but at least we'd have been in it.

By the third quarter on Reggie's fair catch, where there should have been a late hit, and they spotted him at the 10 instead of the 12, the whole stadium chanted "BULL-****" during the entire TV timeout.

The refs were just as frustrating as our lack of offense and terrible defense. The triple whammy for any team.

I'm glad I looked first before starting a new thread. I was going to opine that the Bush INT was really all Payton's fault. You should never ask a player to do something that he never does in a crunch moment and on a very condensed field. It was stupid. And it started the rout. -1 Sean.
But, I do apprecieate his acknowledgment.

You know, the fact that he "took blame" for the loss really doesn't do anything for me.

I still feel sick about the game. Taking blame is overrated.

You know, the fact that he "took blame" for the loss really doesn't do anything for me.

Would you rather him come out and say "I think we played great on both sides of the ball, but we just had some bad tips go against us." Like our past coach would have??????

Do you think he said I'll take blame so the game and the loss magically disappears and everyone will forget about it because they'll feel all warm and tingly inside?

This is the only bad post on this thread.

Didn't we have enough of Jim Haslett's inability to acknowledge mistakes, when he sent his teams onto the field with poor preparation and terrible game plans?

You can't take away anything from the Ravens, because they got into the heads of the Saints. But indeed, it was one of those games when every single thing goes wrong. It happens. I'm glad we have a coach that acknowledges that sometimes a bad game on the field can be made worse or even created by a bad game from the coaches.

You guys are taking this to seriously.

My point was it doesn't really matter to me what he says. No amount of excuses or taking of the blame is gonna change what happened or make me feel better about the loss. I think were so used to seeing excuses that were overrating the fact that the coach took blame jfor the loss.

I commend him but its just that...words.

If we come out next week and play a well coached game then things will feel different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom