OMG,What is happening with this Organization?? (2 Viewers)

How are we trying to improve and we stay letting go our most talented players season after season... we are not trying to win... pay drew brees and dont try to build a winner around him.. but Jimmy Graham, Sproles, Kenny Stills and now Spiller... I mean how do we really want to sustain success.. We cut Keenan Lewis and Breaux get hurt and out of all people we try to get via trade and free agency we get Sterling Moore and BW Webb really... some nobodys!! And on top of that i dont see how Ken Crawley is a starting CB.. Teams will continue to pick on him the whole freaking season and idk what Payton see in this garbage... He reminds me of Cory White yes Cory White... O and on top of that we play NY Giants yes OBJ Victor Cruz and there new rookie whose very talented... we will get exposed with our dbs and no pass rush this week.. im a die hard fan but honestly this will be a score for score game just like last time but i dont see us winning with our great corners this year thanks sean and mickey thats a great job to build a championship around drew brees..

Personally, I blame the public school system.

I wonder how some folks would have felt about Spiller's release had we beat the Raiders? It's easy to criticize the FO for cutting ties with a washed up big name RB after an emotional week one loss. Have we made some questionable moves in the past few years? Absolutely. But I'm willing to accept that this season might be the beginning of a youth movement and I'm excited to see these young pups grow in spite of another possibly wasted year of Brees' prime.

If not for the Spiller release, this board would be on the positive upswing heading toward the end of the week.

The only positive spin I can come up with:

2016 Loomis made smart FA moves, signed Brees to a good contract, and gave friendly extensions while not mortgaging the future.

2014-2015 Loomis would of blown our future cap up squeezing in some high priced, FA busts like Byrd and Brandon Browner.

So the question is, was this CJ move a conscious correction by Loomis for the mistakes of the past? If it was, I can at least understand that but I want to see 2016 Loomis going forward. No reverting back.

Let's see...

Cap friendly extension.
Drafting very well the last two years.
Firing Rob Ryan
Signing players young enough to contribute, old enough to be veterans on deals that will behoove them to actually give a crap
New dedication to scouting and player development by bringing in Jeff Ireland and coaches like Aaron Glenn
The former which has resulted in us acquiring a number of young AND talented players like PJ Williams, Michael Thomas, Tommylee Lewis, Vonn Bell, David Onyemata, the list goes on.

I mean, yeah, we're 0-1, but when I say our train is on schedule. I mean it. This team has a bright future, believe it or not. If Brees seriously wants to play until he's 40, it should be improving around them.

Nothing is set in stone. And yeah, the moves this offseason haven't always been the best. And our luck has been rotten with injuries, but I see our needle as pointing up.

Unless we start trading high draft picks like crazy to bring in vets with limited shelf lives, I see no reason to doubt this can't continue.

5277270-a-speedometer-with-red-needle-pointing-to-fired-up-encouraging-people-to-get-motivated.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Without Drew Brees, the Saints are the...</p>&mdash; Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherWDSU) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/775819356223614976">September 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I didn't post a poll, but said this a few days ago based on the moves of the FO since 2011

We cut spiller who has done absolutely nothing since he has been here and we scored 34 points on supposedly one of the best up and coming D in the league with Spiller inactive and people on here act like we cut Cooks. Come on!!!! Get behind your team! Maybe we are planning on a big move on D. Give it time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben-Stiller-Hits-You-With-Some-Knowledge-In-Dodgeball-Gif.gif

That is not entirely the point.

We know as long as Drew is throwing the ball the offense will roll.

The issues are:
1. Why spend that much money on an offensive player, a RB at that, when you have 5-6 other serviceable running backs, when there are obvious, glaring holes in your defense?

because when we signed Spiller we had Cadet, Hightower,Ingram and Opurum. Injuries the previous years made Coach a little worried about depth. We didn't know if Hightower was going to be decent.

2. Why release the player who obviously has the better talent and give the spot to a journeyman? And don't tell me about "WR routes". Spiller has scored TDs lined up at the slot, for 40+ yards on multiple occasions (albeit with the Bills). Cadet, not so much. None, actually.

I still think that knee wasn't healing right. Maybe it swelled up every day with fluid buildup. Maybe he didn't know the plays. Many possible reasons could be the factor. I am glad he is making moves now and not later. Maybe show the other backs that their jobs are in jeopardy.

3. Who evaluated Spiller? Who thought he was a good fit? Who gave him the physical and didn't see the surgery coming? Or did they know about the surgery and still gave him the contract they gave him?

Now, this one? I have to totally agree with you on this. How do you sign a guy and almost immediately afterwards he has knee surgery. was it something that wouldn't show up on an external exam and he got one over on the team? I hope not. But you never know. If they did know about the needed surgery and signed him anyway, the person making that decision needs to be either fired or demoted. It isn't much as far as money goes but every little bit helps when we are always so close to the cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom