OMG,What is happening with this Organization?? (1 Viewer)

Gangsta

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
How are we trying to improve and we stay letting go our most talented players season after season... we are not trying to win... pay drew brees and dont try to build a winner around him.. but Jimmy Graham, Sproles, Kenny Stills and now Spiller... I mean how do we really want to sustain success.. We cut Keenan Lewis and Breaux get hurt and out of all people we try to get via trade and free agency we get Sterling Moore and BW Webb really... some nobodys!! And on top of that i dont see how Ken Crawley is a starting CB.. Teams will continue to pick on him the whole freaking season and idk what Payton see in this garbage... He reminds me of Cory White yes Cory White... O and on top of that we play NY Giants yes OBJ Victor Cruz and there new rookie whose very talented... we will get exposed with our dbs and no pass rush this week.. im a die hard fan but honestly this will be a score for score game just like last time but i dont see us winning with our great corners this year thanks sean and mickey thats a great job to build a championship around drew brees..

What exactly have you seen from Spiller to suggest he's been one of our "most talented players"?

Smh.

Speed... u cant make me believe that cadet and murphy is vetter than him bc if thats the case why did he get the contract that he had...

raw

I dunno what the deal was between the saints and CJ, I doubt I ever will. This looks like a team that is moving on from past mistakes.

My view at this point is that they are freeing up cap space to make a run during Drew's last few years. Maybe there was an issue between the saints and CJ, maybe they thought they were set at RB and the cap space could be better used next year. This is not a team that will go far this year, but look for them to make a huge FA run next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well I'm glad to see them realizing mistakes and doing something about it. Galette, Graham, Stills and many others who left haven't exactly blown up after leaving us. And we blew a 4th quarter lead for sure but let's give this team atleast a week to see how they respond.

How are we trying to build a winner around drew???

Let's see...

Cap friendly extension.
Drafting very well the last two years.
Firing Rob Ryan
Signing players young enough to contribute, old enough to be veterans on deals that will behoove them to actually give a crap
New dedication to scouting and player development by bringing in Jeff Ireland and coaches like Aaron Glenn
The former which has resulted in us acquiring a number of young AND talented players like PJ Williams, Michael Thomas, Tommylee Lewis, Vonn Bell, David Onyemata, the list goes on.

I mean, yeah, we're 0-1, but when I say our train is on schedule. I mean it. This team has a bright future, believe it or not. If Brees seriously wants to play until he's 40, it should be improving around them.

Nothing is set in stone. And yeah, the moves this offseason haven't always been the best. And our luck has been rotten with injuries, but I see our needle as pointing up.

Unless we start trading high draft picks like crazy to bring in vets with limited shelf lives, I see no reason to doubt this can't continue.

Graham and stills were not mistakes.
We suckered Seattle in the graham trade. Got a great center and a first round pick.
For stills( 5th round pick) we got a 3rd rounder and Ellerbe. Yeah Ellerbe is hurt a lot but he is great when he plays. We didn't need still since him and Snead are very similar players.
You can disagree about how we used those picks but those trades were solid.

Our offense just put up 34 points and had two receivers over 150 yards and still lost the game, but the lack of offensive weaponry is the problem?

At some point you have to start making good moves. We are spending all of our time and money cutting mistakes and moving on. We are caught up to last year now. Except for Byrd.

Have we stopped making the bad moves?

Speed... u cant make me believe that cadet and murphy is vetter than him bc if thats the case why did he get the contract that he had...

There's a chance perception may not be reality. I'm not sure what the issue was, but there's a possibility that he isn't the same guy he was before he was injured.

Well Spiller wasn't released because of his talent, he was released because of the kind of person he is. Kind of like Junior but for different reasons and you don't talk about those things outside the locker room.

We've done a very poor job vetting our free agent pick ups.

I'm willing to give Ireland a chance, but I am depressed about how this team is going for the first time in the Sean Payton era. I don't know how this team can keep up its moral and focus when everything seems to be swirling counterclockwise and down.

I still find it fishy that he signed a contract and then had surgery. Same as Byrd. That couldn't have sit too well with Coach. I have no idea what happened in the back room to have this go down like it did. Perhaps his knee isn't doing too well. Yes, he may have looked good at times but did his knee swell up afterwards? We just don't know and we probably will never hear the real complete story. You do remember that Loomis was the money guy for the Saints before becoming the GM right? He was never a personnel guy. So taking into account that doing what he does know how to do, I would say that he has done a very decent job. We have always had money to sign free agents, even if the signings turned out to be horrible. The people in charge of talent and character evaluations have soiled the bed here. Maybe they need to put Jeff Ireland in charge of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom