On a scale of 1 to 10, do you think the Saints will sign Jadeveon Clowney? (1 Viewer)

He still wants to much money but u never know. I’ll say a 6

I don't see it for a variety of reasons, the main one being the cap next year and the key players we will need to get under contract. I do see us using the cap space this year to knock off one of the key guys like Davis or Ram, however!

This was from Rotoworld.

JADEVEON CLOWNEY

DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Appearing on Sportscenter, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler stated the Seahawks are "all but out" on re-signing free agent Jadeveon Clowney following the acquisition of Jamal Adams.

Seattle has to pay Adams big money on a long-term deal now, leaving no real room for Clowney's anticipated big salary, even if it comes via a one-year deal. The Seahawks had been entertaining the idea of bringing back Clowney in recent months with his market not shaping up as he would have expected in March. The Browns are also out on Clowney after restructuring Olivier Vernon's deal this summer. That leaves the Titans and maybe even the Saints. Players in New Orleans have been campaigning for Clowney in recent days

Realistically? A 3 at most....

My hope is a 0....

He is going to want too much money, And even right now I feel Everson Griffen is the better, more dynamic/versatile player....

3. We really need another outside corner more, especially if Latt or Janoris Jenkins get injured.
This is right. #3 DE is a luxury, #3CB is a need. And, we won't have the 2021 cap space to hire any big names now.

This is right. #3 DE is a luxury, #3CB is a need. And, we won't have the 2021 cap space to hire any big names now.
So If Davenport gets hurt again who plays then? You see how that played out in the wild card game. Nobody Saints have as a DE is gonna provide what Davenport did or what Everson Griffen can be to this team. Can't trust Davenport until he show different. You need a DE and corner

The Saints are potentially facing cutting $75M from their payroll in 2021 if the stop-gap salary cap of $175M is invoked because of dismal 2020 league-wide revenue.

As it turns out, Clowney picked the wrong time to enter free agency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom