On line back up storage, which one is the best? (1 Viewer)

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I see Mozy.com is 5 bucks a month, that is a really great price but are they any better ones out there? Do you recommend one company over another? Does anyone have some horror stories to share or any other thoughts?

I see Mozy.com is 5 bucks a month, that is a really great price but are they any better ones out there? Do you recommend one company over another? Does anyone have some horror stories to share or any other thoughts?

I use mozypro (their professional/server version) and I've been pleased. I've had some experience with the home version of Carbonite, and it seems to work pretty well, too.

We use CarbonitePro. The home version is what? $60 a year for unlimited?

Mozy - the basic client - was terrible for me. All sorts of problems establishing and maintaining connections. I was using it to store data and research for my dissertation and had issues connecting to it, syncing to it - when I'd log in sometimes, I'd get errors. It wouldn't complete updates when I made changes - and get stuck, for hours -

I gave up.

Followed up with mozy customer support, and was not at all satisfied. Not sure if buzd's route with them is a better option all around, but it was a very buggy experience with me. This was across 3 computers and I was trying to access it from several different places - here doing research and writing or in the field compiling data.

Personally, would not recommend.

I use Amazon S3 via Jungle Disk...Pay about $2 a month for 2 pcs...with about 10GB of data

So Razor did you ever find one that did work well?

I'm paranoid that Google has perfect online backups of all my stuff, but they don't seem to have a restore feature yet.

I use cabornite on the two pcs @ the house. Works well, when I got the wife a new pc I just told carbonite that it was a new pc and after a couple of days all the files were there.

I have been using filesanywhere.com for many many years now. Initilally it was just for transferring and sharing large files but the last couple if years it has been for PC backups as well. Their price is about a buck per gig per month for the we basic plan. Great support the few times I needed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom