On the Brightside (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Atlanta was at full strength and we were missing seven starters and but for 2 plays, the fumbled punt and the pick 6, were in a position to win.

Vacarro would have made a huge difference in the run game and Snead would have been a factor as well.

If one guy, like Vaccaro, would have made such a difference, then what are they paying all those other guys to do?

Do we pay people to catch punts anymore? I know we used to pay Sproles to catch them but he got too expensive. Sure, we're losing now, but, look at all the money we saved when we let him walk...and tried to replace him with Spiller? For MORE money? Wait, something's wacky here....

Yeah, Snead is missed. If ONLY we had another receiver on the roster! Hmm, again, something's wacky here....

Atlanta was at full strength and we were missing seven starters and but for 2 plays, the fumbled punt and the pick 6, were in a position to win.

Vacarro would have made a huge difference in the run game and Snead would have been a factor as well.

Terron Armstead wouldn't have given up a sack all night. That is a HUGE difference.

The optimist in me agrees with you but in reality we are 3 games into the season and we're done basically because of injuries and lack of talent on defense for the third straight season.

I have no doubt that they'll get better as they get healthy again and win just enough games to miss out on a top 10 draft pick.

I'm going back to the drinking heavily thread.

My two plays are the pick six and Harper's inability to secure a pick with the ball in both hands. Those two, OK, and the special teams ballet, would have made a difference.

The muffed punt really turned the game over. I think we could have kept momentum going without it. On the bright side that's not the kind of thing we do often

The optimist in me agrees with you but in reality we are 3 games into the season and we're done basically because of injuries and lack of talent on defense for the third straight season.

I have no doubt that they'll get better as they get healthy again and win just enough games to miss out on a top 10 draft pick.

The lack of talent on defense is due to injuries. We're literally missing half of the defense.

The lack of talent on defense is due to injuries. We're literally missing half of the defense.
Agreed. I think we would have been a top 20 defense without the injuries.

maybe you're right but I'm not completely convinced this D would've been leaps and bounds better with all of our guys in there. Would've liked to have seen how they all did together.....I'm going to guess better than last night but not by a whole bunch.

We weren't just two plays away from winning that game. And, anyway, it gets old hearing game after game we were "just one or two plays away." Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We weren't just two plays away from winning that game. And, anyway, it gets old hearing game after game we were "just one or two plays away." Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

All coaches say that a game comes down to a couple of plays a game. Whether the plays were good or bad usually determines your fate. I'm not sure if you were there Monday night or not, but it felt like we were unstoppable until that punt mistake. The crowd was nuts and as soon as the Falcons recovered that fumble it was like the crowd just gave up. It seems like this may be the makeup of our team this year. Always one step forward and two steps back.

LMAO - Brilliant. You seem to have the core ingredient down to be a long-term Saints fan. That's the #1 ingredient of the Saints Fan Survival Kit. When you get older, they give you Prozac and tranquilizers. But there is nothing like a Bourbon on the rocks when the Saints are imploding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom