On the Subject of our DL... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem like this scheme is made to force pressure on the QB without actually getting a sack? Could GW's game plan be more focused to pressure the QB into throwing an errant pass rather than sacking him, thus ending the play? We're not putting up great sack numbers, but we have one of the top turn over Def. in the NFL. Just a curious observation.

I think the key is that we are getting decent pressure and making the QB's hurry to throw to avoid the sacks. if the QB's hold the ball they will get sacked, if they throw it running from pressure they will throw picks. I don;t think it is set up to purposely to not get sacks, but our defense is working just fine. INT is far better than a sack, I am pretty sure anyone of our Dline or anyone rushing the QB actually is far happier having our secondary get the int after some pressure than if they had just got a sack. I also love the way as soon as we get a TO, our defense turns into offense. They set up walls, block like they having been playing offense for their entire lives. Not sure if it is possible to give a D coordinator Coach of the Year...but Gregg W. is sure gonna make a case for it.

The D-line and others (blitzers) are going to take the sack if they can get it. If they are approaching the qb from his blind side, they will try and karate chop his throwing arm to knock the ball out.

It's just the way it's happened.

Sacks or no sacks we are hitting the QB. And when you do that bad things happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom