On to Kansas City (1 Viewer)

I'm a little worried about Jammal Charles slipping out of the backfield for receptions and of course, Kelce could give us fits.

This isn't the same Chiefs D though, especially without Justin Houston. Marcus Peters may bait Drew into a pick, but we should be able to find holes in that secondary.

I think it'll be a close game though.

Nice to know it took until Monday night for the OP to give up on a game not happening for another 6 days. The negativity cycle never sleeps.

Bro I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just being real and calling it like I see it. For example if Peat can't go are you telling me you're confident in Strief or Hills consistently being able to block Tamba Hali????

If Ellerbe comes back we might have a shot, and the other starters that were injured Sunday.

A relative unknown around the league; I believe Jarrius Robertson will go 85+ yards on 12 to 14 carries and opens up some eyes on Sunday. I think the "kid" can run but I know he can dance. KC wont know what hit 'em.

The thing that concerns me is Alex Smith's ability to escape the pocket and run for somewhat large gains. It absolutely surprised me that Newton didn't do that in the game last Sunday. I know it may have been because he's a little skiddish after the concussion, but I was waiting for it and the only time he did it was the 2 point conversion.

Can we keep Smith in the pocket? If we can, that bodes well for us.

The thing that concerns me is Alex Smith's ability to escape the pocket and run for somewhat large gains. It absolutely surprised me that Newton didn't do that in the game last Sunday. I know it may have been because he's a little skiddish after the concussion, but I was waiting for it and the only time he did it was the 2 point conversion.

Can we keep Smith in the pocket? If we can, that bodes well for us.

Yeah that is one thing a lot of people don't realize about Alex Smith - he is quietly one of the best running QBs in the league. He ran for 500 yards last year actually.

It may help us that Dennis Allen has faced KC more often than we have.

thats the hope but knowing dennis allen he is going to do the same blitz that everyone sees coming and leaves his cbs out to dry, instaed of sticking with the pressure we get from the front 4

Bro I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just being real and calling it like I see it. For example if Peat can't go are you telling me you're confident in Strief or Hills consistently being able to block Tamba Hali????

I'll just reuse the response I made when El Cal decided that Khalil Mack would eat us alive:

Not sure if you've heard of it, but there's this thing called game planning? He won't be completely alone against Hali on every snap and/or there will be scheme to put Hali in conflict between his responsibilities. Remaining in control of down and distance reduces the predictability of passing downs, which in turn diminished the pass Rusher's ability to severely impact the outcome.

Hali's a player, no doubt, but he's not the decider of this contest.

Also, if this is your being positive, I'd hate to see negative...

We may be equipped for a shoot out, but KC is a ball control, run first team. Against our 32nd ranked run defense its gonna be a tough day and even harder if we need to mount a comeback late in the game.

I think this one really is up to the Offense. If we can get a lead and force KC to pass to win, I think we come out with the W (31-21). Conversely if our defense is giving up long runs and KC is able to keep Drew and Co. off the field, it could be a long day L (27-13).

And please for once can we have 3 timeouts going into the last 5-6 minutes of the 4th?

Bend but don't break on defense, especially with the run.
Score early to force KC to pass and keep up.
Play to win, not to lose.

I'll just reuse the response I made when El Cal decided that Khalil Mack would eat us alive:

Not sure if you've heard of it, but there's this thing called game planning? He won't be completely alone against Hali on every snap and/or there will be scheme to put Hali in conflict between his responsibilities. Remaining in control of down and distance reduces the predictability of passing downs, which in turn diminished the pass Rusher's ability to severely impact the outcome.

Hali's a player, no doubt, but he's not the decider of this contest.

Also, if this is your being positive, I'd hate to see negative...

To your Khalil Mack point that game was at home, where the offensive line knows the snap count and there is a little comfort. This is on the road in one of the most raucous places to play where potentially one of your best lineman in Armstead could again be out and even though KC will likely be without Justin Houston still pack a punch on the defensive line. I want the Saints to win just as much as anyone but like I said earlier if they decide to have Brees throw the ball too much it will get ugly...sort of like the Texans game from last season.

Our O-Line has exceeded all of our expectations this year. But this game is going to be the biggest test they undergo yet. If they protect Drew well in this game, we can score enough points to win.

KC cannot afford to get into a shootout with us, and it seems like our intermediate passing game is coming into its own to set up the shots downfield; I noticed in the Carolina game that we more adept at taking the short to medium gains when the situation called for it to set things up downfield. When you have a meh running game, this is really the only way to do it.

The Camthers secondary is awful obviously but I think it has more to do with our receivers settling into their roles and the increased use of Thomas. He is making those key receptions to convert 3rd downs and move the ball that Colston did when he was maybe the most reliable 12 yard reception in the league.

To your Khalil Mack point that game was at home, where the offensive line knows the snap count and there is a little comfort. This is on the road in one of the most raucous places to play where potentially one of your best lineman in Armstead could again be out and even though KC will likely be without Justin Houston still pack a punch on the defensive line. I want the Saints to win just as much as anyone but like I said earlier if they decide to have Brees throw the ball too much it will get ugly...sort of like the Texans game from last season.

I don't want to sound like I'm determined to disagree with you, but you don't seem to have responded to or disproved what I just posted. Instead I'm now to believe that game planning is entirely defeated by crowd noise, something that cannot be true, otherwise every away game for every team would be a loss...

I agree KC are a tough team and doubly so at home, but if you perhaps spent less time looking for reasons to abandon all hope, a full 6 days before kickoff, perhaps some of us would not mistake you for being negative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom