On to Kansas City (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I have to say...it will be very difficult for the Saints to beat this team...I don't like hardly any of the match ups...We don't run the ball well enough to exploit maybe one of the Chiefs weaknesses and we don't stop the run good enough which bodes well for them....All I know is if we don't find ourselves running the ball better and expect Brees to throw successfully over 50 times I see at least 2 INTS and a fumble possibly leading to the Saints "clunker of the season"

this is a big test. KC is a good team. Obviously you want to neutralize the run but they have Maclin and Kelce to worry about too. Smith is a good enough QB as well.

offense, especially Brees, need to perform on the road. tough environment.

I have to say...it will be very difficult for the Saints to beat this team...I don't like hardly any of the match ups...We don't run the ball well enough to exploit maybe one of the Chiefs weaknesses and we don't stop the run good enough which bodes well for them....All I know is if we don't find ourselves running the ball better and expect Brees to throw successfully over 50 times I see at least 2 INTS and a fumble possibly leading to the Saints "clunker of the season"
When Sean Payton's system fall on it's face, it's usually against this kind of team...

what's good about KC? Aside from beating OAK pretty soundly yesterday, they've been extremely poor.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't have the ONE personnel group to exploit our biggest weakness (downfield passing).

We have our most comfortable win of the season this Sunday, continue our "point trend" and win by 13.

this saints team in week 6 isn't going on the road and beating an afc team by 13.

i do hope they win i want this one bad. alex freaking smith man........ he ended the season of the most promising saints team ever.

i'm not down on this team at all i like what i am seeing but this is a stiff test. payton/reid always have good matchups i'm very excited.

Hmmmm. I guess I see it different. Smith isn't a gunslinger. Gunslingers DESTROY our secondary. Big plays. Not getting our heads around and giving up huge PIs. I think our defense will do ok against them.

Our running game hasn't been the best....but why does their weak run D automatically beat our weak running game? I think this is the week our run game comes to life.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

this saints team in week 6 isn't going on the road and beating an afc team by 13.

i do hope they win i want this one bad. alex freaking smith man........ he ended the season of the most promising saints team ever.

i'm not down on this team at all i like what i am seeing but this is a stiff test. payton/reid always have good matchups i'm very excited.

I'm tempted to only listen to this game on the radio and not actually watch it -- just because you know they're gonna show "highlights" from that playoff game multiple times during the broadcast.

Saint 34
Chiefs 27

The Chiefs are 3-2, but their most impressive win was against the Raiders, and they have lost to Steelers and Texans.

The Chiefs have a middle of the pack defense (10th in pts allowed, 14th in yards allowed). We will be able to move the ball at will. The question is can we hold them to around their avg. for points (they score 21 points a game). I imagine we will give up more than their avg. but they aren't equipped for a shootout, while we are.

You take your defense and running game on the road for wins. With that being said we will probably score at least thirty five and it will come down to a long field goal at the end.
I haven't looked at KC mucn. How is their kicker and punter?

I though we have been doing ok against the run outside of the Atlanta game.

Also, I think KC will really help us in getting ready for Seattle.

Alex Smith and Russ Wilson are both very mobile qbs, who are throw first, but escape second.

KC loves to run the ball with their two headed Charles/Ware combo, Seattle will use multiple backs as well.

Both have very good tight ends.

Both teams play pass defense equally, and have solid db units.

This KC game will not only get us ready for Seattle, but it should give us confidence as well.

as has been pointed out, KC had a solid running game and "Smith is no gun slinger"....
....the Saints D has been able to do something this year, that it hasn't done in a long time, tackle! there are not as many lost/broken/slipped tackles this year as we have had since the greg williams era ended. As a result, i think we will be able to slow down KC's run....i would expect us to give up one or two big runs (it's just kinda par for the course based on our youth)....I can see KC putting up 24 points (14 based on a solid rushing, 7 on smith's passing, and 3 points just because)

as for KC, their DBs are a weakness....and i think we can exploit that. KC also seems to start of really sluggish and flat at home, and over the past years have seemed to have to crawl back to win home games....I can see us getting a decent lead again early on, 14 points, then we put up small drives and get into field goal range....I think this game will be similar to the NY game, however, we come out on top this time, no special teams mistakes (we play our special teams conservatively, "Byrd just catch the punt and hand the ball to Brees") we win 27 -24....

my only concern is the tempo that KC keeps with the run game....slowing the game down, eating up clock, and keeping the ball away from brees....there is nothing worse a as a saints fan then watching brees sit on the side line as minute upon minute tick off the clock....

Nice to know it took until Monday night for the OP to give up on a game not happening for another 6 days. The negativity cycle never sleeps.

Good QBs have eaten their lunch in the passing game this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom