On to Tampa Bay and the start of the season! (1 Viewer)

Doublemove

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For the most part, the team is set. Sure there may be some adjustments but the team is defined. Tampa and the start of the season is now the concern. 2-0 start instead of 0-2 will be a necessity given the Saints schedule. If the Saints drop the first two or split, it may mean a long season of disappointment. I know some will point to last year's 0-2 start but this aint last year. The 8-0 run the Saints pulled off was remarkable and should not be expected to happen again. The good thing is the schedule favors the Saints when it needs to. The absence of MI should not be a factor in the first two games, so 2-0 is very likely and much needed.

The away game with Atlanta is the biggest concern but SP and Co. has fared well against them. I can see the Saints super hyped for Atlanta and win that game and then flat-line against NY. My gut feeling is that the Saints start off 3-1, a good start.

Let’s get it! First game I’m truly worried about for this season is the Skins. They play us tough. The Browns do too but I feel that we will handle them this year.

Its more important than ever to get off to a fast start this year. The NFC is stacked and home field advantage will be paramount heading into the postseason.

Bump. Hoping to get some good game discussion going.

Ryan Fitzpatrick starting best I can tell. Not a whole lot of news covering the Buc's. A upset win on the road against the Saints would be an early SB for the mostly written off Buc's. We can't overlook these guys. I feel confident we get the "W" but our infamous slow starts concern me.

Last edited:
They’re gonna try to short game us to death, keep Drew off the field and run right at us. If our LB’s play well and tackle we win. I feel it’ll be close. 24-17 Saints.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm going to remain sensible and grounded about the season ahead.

Therefore I'm being very reasonable when I expect no less than a 5-0 record by the end of the month.

I usually would be very worried about any rival game, and perhaps I should be now. I think we play well and handle them pretty easily.

I usually would be very worried about any rival game, and perhaps I should be now. I think we play well and handle them pretty easily.

My thoughts exactly. There's no time to waste, there isn't more to figure out. Lets put the petal to the metal from the start and never look back. I expect nothing more than a blowout win. We are so much better than Tampa and we need to end the trend of letting lesser teams hang around against us.

10+ point favorites win straight up over 80% of the time in the NFL.

We will likely win the game, as we should. How close it will be is anyone's guess.

Weeks 1 and 2 are very weird.

The Saints have to win the first two games if they are going to "prove them right". This should be a cake walk the first two weeks.

My thoughts exactly. There's no time to waste, there isn't more to figure out. Lets put the petal to the metal from the start and never look back. I expect nothing more than a blowout win. We are so much better than Tampa and we need to end the trend of letting lesser teams hang around against us.
You are right. We are loaded from top to bottom with skilled players, coaches are great, and we are at home. There is no reason this shouldn't be a blowout.

For the most part, the team is set. Sure there may be some adjustments but the team is defined. Tampa and the start of the season is now the concern. 2-0 start instead of 0-2 will be a necessity given the Saints schedule. If the Saints drop the first two or split, it may mean a long season of disappointment. I know some will point to last year's 0-2 start but this aint last year. The 8-0 run the Saints pulled off was remarkable and should not be expected to happen again. The good thing is the schedule favors the Saints when it needs to. The absence of MI should not be a factor in the first two games, so 2-0 is very likely and much needed.

The away game with Atlanta is the biggest concern but SP and Co. has fared well against them. I can see the Saints super hyped for Atlanta and win that game and then flat-line against NY. My gut feeling is that the Saints start off 3-1, a good start.
2-0 is imperative. We want to have history repeat itself by winning on the road where the next Superbowl will be played, like Miami in 2009. There is no room for a slow start because the schedule as a whole is horribly brutal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom