On to the Broncos (1 Viewer)

Playing at 5K feet above sea level (without being acclimated) does matter.

Any given Sunday.

This being a holiday week may create ‘routine’ issues that Coach Payton always tries to avoid.

I like our odds, but we still gotta show up and perform. Every down team wants to beat a winning team. Once again, will get there best effort.

Hope we stay focused and get this first win for Coach Payton.

They have a good run game, but we have a great run defense.

Saints should have no problem on paper, but anything can happen of course.

Let’s be honest over the years the Paytons Saints have lost to teams they aren’t familiar with, have a poor record, etc. Broncos looked good yesterday against Miami from what I see just watching the highlights. Fangio is a good coach and has some old Saints ties and gave us trouble as the Niners DC not too long ago I think this will be one we’ll have to grind out like the Bears game.

I’m not worried about their traditional run game up the gut I’m more worried about their boot legs, motion, read option stuff that should be simple to defend but ate our lunch at the beginning of the season. We have to eliminate the easy plays for him and make him beat us solely on his passing ability. Their defense doesn’t look as scary as in years past on paper, they have some notable names in the secondary that’s all that sticks out to me but as I said earlier I respect Fangio.

This is one of those games we would sleep on the opponent and lose in the past so I want to see a more mature team now that can prove they’re worthy of being the 1 seed after 17 weeks. I think it will be a closer game than expected but one that we win if we don’t beat ourselves and limit our fumbles, muffed punts, etc etc

Last edited:
They did although my one friend who's a big Dolphins fan has been complaining all year (even during MIA's recent winning streak) about how bad their offensive line is and how Tua was constantly having to run for his life and improvize. So that may be part DEN's D and part MIA's OL.

Yeah they have some injuries on defense. They got 6 sacks on Tua. Saints gotta play their game and get after it on defense. Keep grinding. They know whats lies ahead

And obviously score TD’s instead of FG’s, Lutz is our guy and a stud but if it’s a kicking battle McManus has been more consistent than him so far this year and obviously more accustomed to kicking in that stadium

All this is true. But there is such a thing as 'acclimation'. It's doesn't takes years for a body to adjust to thicker air and a warmer climate. Trust me, the Broncos players won't be needing the oxygen on their sidelines in Denver nearly as much as their opponents will.

But hopefully Lutz gets a shot at a 65 yarder during the visit! :melike:
It takes no more than 3 days to acclimate to altitude. After that the body is almost 100%. Same applies to the reverse, working out a5k feet, gives you a slight advantage in oxygenation @ sea level; only for a couple of days.
We used train @ 10k feet, during hunting season & when we came down to 100' are so, it was GLORIOUS!! Stamina & energy about 20% over normal.

It takes no more than 3 days to acclimate to altitude. After that the body is almost 100%. Same applies to the reverse, working out a5k feet, gives you a slight advantage in oxygenation @ sea level; only for a couple of days.
We used train @ 10k feet, during hunting season & when we came down to 100' are so, it was GLORIOUS!! Stamina & energy about 20% over normal.
That's how it is when I fly from New Orleans to the Colorado ski resorts. I take it easy for about two days and then I tear up the mountain for the rest of the week. And it's probably a little easier for pro athletes who are only performing at 5280 feet instead of an old broken down dude like me who is trying to do his best Jean-Claude Killy at 10,000+ feet high.

The Saints will be fine! :9:

That's how it is when I fly from New Orleans to the Colorado ski resorts. I take it easy for about two days and then I tear up the mountain for the rest of the week. And it's probably a little easier for pro athletes who are only performing at 5280 feet instead of an old broken down dude like me who is trying to do his best Jean-Claude Killy at 10,000+ feet high.

The Saints will be fine! :9:
Dude,I won't even drive to Sandia peak now!LOL

Just one of the teams that has come up on the schedule or season at the wrong time, like how the Ravens was for a long time.

In 08', we played them early in the season (Week 3, I think) and it was a shootout. Martin Gramatica missed a manageable FG inside 2 minutes that would have given us the lead.

2012 was the Peyton Manning gets his revenge on the Saints game - we had no chance without Payton on the sideline and the Broncos were really good that year.

2016, was that crazy game with the blocked extra point returned for the winning points (he was out!!!).

So it seems like 2 out of 3 times, we were in position to take a late lead only to have a special teams failure that decided the game.

I agree there is something probably weird about playing a team so infrequently. Which is why I imagine Payton seems to struggle a touch with AFC teams year-to-year.

I hope that Payton can put another good game plan together for Taysom.

Dude,I won't even drive to Sandia peak now!LOL
I've never been to Sandia Peak, but I have been to Wheeler Peak (Taos Ski Valley) and I must say that TSV requires much more energy than the Colorado resorts because there is much more intermediate and expert terrain with far less groomed slopes than the most popular resorts in Colorado. I went down some Taos trails that had 10-12 inches of new snow on top of a field of mini moguls underneath. By the time I got to the bottom my knees felt like an 80 year old right tackle!
I don't mind the steep or the deep, but the bumps kill me now. Thus it does help me a lot to take a few days to acclimate before tackling the expert runs. There's no use busting myself up on the first day of a week long ski trip! :shocked:

I've never been to Sandia Peak, but I have been to Wheeler Peak (Taos Ski Valley) and I must say that TSV requires much more energy than the Colorado resorts because there is much more intermediate and expert terrain with far less groomed slopes than the most popular resorts in Colorado. I went down some Taos trails that had 10-12 inches of new snow on top of a field of mini moguls underneath. By the time I got to the bottom my knees felt like an 80 year old right tackle!
I don't mind the steep or the deep, but the bumps kill me now. Thus it does help me a lot to take a few days to acclimate before tackling the expert runs. There's no use busting myself up on the first day of a week long ski trip! :shocked:
Don't you guys like your knees?

Don't you guys like your knees?
I've only injured a knee one time when I was first learning to go fast on skis. It swelled up the size of a cabbage ball, but I kept moving it until I could ski the next day. However, I did go airborne once a few years ago trying to avoid a kid who turned in front of me and I landed hard on my left shoulder. I wasn't able to play golf for 6 weeks, but I never saw a physician about it because nothing felt out of place.

Besides that, it's been smooth skiing every time! :very-happy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom