On to the Broncos (3 Viewers)

I've only injured a knee one time when I was first learning to go fast on skis. It swelled up the size of a cabbage ball, but I kept moving it until I could ski the next day. However, I did go airborne once trying to avoid a kid who turned in front of me and landed hard on my left shoulder. I wasn't able to play golf for 6 weeks, but I never saw a physician about it because nothing felt out of place.

Besides that, it's been smooth skiing every time! :very-happy:
Well, good luck. I haven't skiied for years and I wasn't good then so I know better than to try now. Because my knees are good enough that if I ever start running again (which I should), I CAN!! You know, at the ripe old age of 29. šŸ˜œ

Well, good luck. I haven't skiied for years and I wasn't good then so I know better than to try now. Because my knees are good enough that if I ever start running again (which I should), I CAN!! You know, at the ripe old age of 29. šŸ˜œ
29 is a good age to stay active! :grin:

I wish we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, because you'd ideally want to travel up there early and get some practice time up in that elevation.

Normally I'd look at this game and think "It's a trap!". Facing a struggling team with a struggling young QB, that's usually a recipe for a nail biter for Saints fans. But I don't feel that way right now and the reason is simple, our pass rush is up there with anybody.

Teams haven't been able to run against this defense and now they can barely get a pass off. Not being able to run or pass can sometimes present issues for opposing offenses.

In 08', we played them early in the season (Week 3, I think) and it was a shootout. Martin Gramatica missed a manageable FG inside 2 minutes that would have given us the lead.

2012 was the Peyton Manning gets his revenge on the Saints game - we had no chance without Payton on the sideline and the Broncos were really good that year.

2016, was that crazy game with the blocked extra point returned for the winning points (he was out!!!).

So it seems like 2 out of 3 times, we were in position to take a late lead only to have a special teams failure that decided the game.

I agree there is something probably weird about playing a team so infrequently. Which is why I imagine Payton seems to struggle a touch with AFC teams year-to-year.

I hope that Payton can put another good game plan together for Taysom.
Speaking of special teams...

Is there any news about Deonte Harris? He was missed in the return game after he got hurt.

Speaking of special teams...

Is there any news about Deonte Harris? He was missed in the return game after he got hurt.
Come on, you know the drill. I'm not even sure exactly when he got hurt because I thought I heard it was a concussion.

Really interesting explanation from Fangio on the offense they ran to beat Miami yesterday. Hopefully Allen and company come up with a good plan.

It goes beyond Payton. As a franchise, the Saints are 2-9 all time against the Broncos. The last win came in 1994! This is a streak that needs to end.

Indeed it must end! Our first win over the Broncos came in 1988 with Bobby Hebert at QB and Carl Smith calling the plays in a 42-0 romp. If that doesn't prove even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, I don't know what does! :hihi:

The result stood for years as the largest margin of victory in team history, until the 2011 beatdown of the Colts.

Normally I'd look at this game and think "It's a trap!". Facing a struggling team with a struggling young QB, that's usually a recipe for a nail biter for Saints fans. But I don't feel that way right now and the reason is simple, our pass rush is up there with anybody.

Teams haven't been able to run against this defense and now they can barely get a pass off. Not being able to run or pass can sometimes present issues for opposing offenses.

That's where NFL-ref-assistance comes in so handy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom