Once again it's on! The Official Democratic Debate Thread (1 Viewer)

Game.Set.Match

She needed to look a lot better than him tonight and they came out equal.

Good debate, essentially a tie IMO. Clinton had a nice closing, but the booing of her Xerox comment didn't help. If she leaves that out, I think she would have the edge. That said, Obama did very well. I like the guy and think he's the real deal. Don't know if I'll vote for him yet. It's a toss-up between him and Mccain. We'll see. I won't vote for Clinton though.

I didn't watch the debate, but the pressure on Hillary has to be immense and is probably affecting her. She entered this contest almost as big a favorite as New England, and it's on the verge of slipping away.

And Obama is just easy to like. You may intensely dislike his political views and be intent on voting for McCain in the general election. But there's something of Reagan in Obama in that he seems so comfortable with who he is and attacks on him usually backfire. Attack Obama and it plays to his campaign theme of how politics has become toxic and needs to change. I keep thinking of Reagan's "There you go again" retort.

Last edited:
Game.Set.Match

She needed to look a lot better than him tonight and they came out equal.

I didn't watch it but if what in this thread's right she didn't get Obama "mistake" she desperately needed. I still think that Billary's political minions have something nasty waiting for Obama and are waiting for the right moment to drop it.......

I didn't watch it but if what in this thread's right she didn't get Obama "mistake" she desperately needed. I still think that Billary's political minions have something nasty waiting for Obama and are waiting for the right moment to drop it.......

I agree, but time is running short and his momentum is building.

Change you can Xerox. Geezus. That's not even good comedy, much less good debate.

The greater the momentum, the greater the blowback to Hillary if she has something, drops it and as a result wins the nomination.

This was the last debate before Texas. She needed a momentum shifter and didn't get it. The reality is with McCain having the Republican nomination locked up a fair amount, maybe 5-10%, of people that would vote for him will be casting an anti Hillary vote in Texas. So when you see Obama and Hillary tied in the polls in Texas don't let that fool you. Obama will poll lower than the votes he'll actually get as he pulls some Republican anti Clinton votes in Texas.

Hillary will almost certainly lose the delegate count in Texas. There is a strong possibility she'll lose the popular as well. If that happens I wouldn't be surprised to see her bow out considering her campaign ran 7.6 million in the red last month despite her loaning it 5 million.

Tonight was really the 11th round and she needed a knock out because it's almost impossible for her to win this thing on points.

The reality is with McCain having the Republican nomination locked up a fair amount, maybe 5-10%, of people that would vote for him will be casting an anti Hillary vote in Texas.

I could be way off base here but that seems pretty dumb if the McCain voters do this because I think he would have a much easier time beating Hillary in the general election than he would Obama.

Not a good night for Senator Clinton.

Senator Obama merely had to...borrowing a phrase from Muhammad Ali...play "rope-a- dope" and wait for her to throw her jabs.

He didn't even have to finish her off. She did that herself.

The roaring applause at the end was...hollow.

From a non-biased hater of both candidates.
Hillary had her donkey handed to her. She was panicky and scared and she seemed so. She tried to pull out the stops by slinging the mud ant Obama and instead it hit the crowd.

Both candidates admitted that pork barrel spending is ok with them. That is a shame.

They said they don't want class to be an issue but both said they will subsidize the poor and middle class and take tax cuts from the folks who make more.

Neither candidate understands simple supply and demand economics.

Hillary seems ok that even if the voters want Obama, and the delegates select her its all good. Yay "democracy".

Like I have said in the past. Hank Clinton is too polarizing to win. If the super delegates screw the democrat voters and put Hillary in as their candidate, then she will lose to McCain (another democrat). If they put Obama in, then Obama will win.

Change you can Xerox. Geezus. That's not even good comedy, much less good debate.

Yeah, can't believe that line made it out of testing and into the marketplace. I can just picture her and Bill, James Carville and whoever exchanging muaaahahahas and evil grins of anticipation when one of them came up with that one-liner. What a mistake.

Oh and if Obama really wants to destroy all opposition, he needs to get Megatron (Oprah) to be his running mate. Hordes of housewives will flock to vote for them.

I might be wrong, but I think there is a debate next week in Ohio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom