Once again it's on! The Official Democratic Debate Thread (1 Viewer)

Better hope Larry Flynt is not a Hillary supporter because if he is he'll run with this story.

I'd bet a fortune that Flynt is not a Clinton supporter. :hihi:

FYI, I saw that video earlier today. A link was posted on an Univision board. To me, it looks bogus, with a hint of unrequited man-crush scorn. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets some attention. That's just the world we live in.

Geez, I wish all the political BS, media spin, packaging, and those prostituting themselves as "experts" would clear out for just one election so we could see how we do on our own. Ahhh, that's a nice thought.......

Now, back to the real world of facade, posturing and manipulation. Yuck. :angryrazz:

And what's the news cycle for this debate? 18 hours? Then back to the campaign charges, poll results, and talk of next week's debate.

Hillary cannot say that Obama is not qualified to be commander-in-chief because the party would revolt and and the outrage among black voters would be immense. Her answer to the question has to be that she has always said she would support the Democratic nominee because all of the candidates running were serious and qualified people, including Obama, but that experience and knowledge do matter and she is better qualified.

As far as Hillary lifting her last lines from Edwards by way of Bill, I guess we have heard the last of Obama using lines from Patrick.

What's xeroxing, mommy? Lame, and staged.

Hillary should go the Nixon route, a natural role model for her. Make a "you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore", go into fundraising for allies to build up chits, then reqppear when things REALLY get screwed up, a certainty given the choices we always have.

Nix, er, Hillary in 2012!

The claws did not come out as expected because she needed to look presidential -- but if you do not think that her cronies (husband and others) will be in full negative mud slinging attack mode come today you are fooling yourself. She needed a knockout punch to slow the momentum of obama in Texas and Ohio -- I think she will win and claim massive victory -- but a 5 point win is actually a win for Obama -- he was polled far behind in both states for a long while and Hillary has been pouring all of her dollars into those 2 states for the last month --

In any case -- my guess is this race is going to start to get fun to watch -

I agree that we will see a bifurcated approach taken by the Clinton campaign--Hillary careful not to cross the line, Hillary's minions pressing the attack.

Debating Hillary is an extraordinary challenge for these reasons:

1. Whereas the campaign rally platform is a hot medium that suits Obama, the debate forum on television is a cool medium that suits Hillary.

2. Hillary enters with a certain comfort level because she is a policy wonk and knows the specifics on policy issues, and because she is so terribly disciplined and is skilled in debate and can provide succinct answers.

3. She is a woman. As the debate against Lazio in he first Senate race and the New Hampshire primary debate both showed, male candidates have to be careful not to cross a not-so-clear line with Hillary in debates. What was Obama's worst debate moment? New Hampshire when he said, "Hillary, you're likeable enough."

4. Hillary is able to keep her opponents in debate guessing as to which HiIlary they will see because in the span of minutes she can be both very aggressive and the aggrieved little girl, such as again New Hampshire when she was asked why people liked Obama more than they liked her.

Last edited:
Hill needs to divorce Bill, and go on a national tour of sadness, focused on the remaining primary states. "My pain reflects that of Bush's America." She should ditch the lame campaign song of Celine Dion's she's using, and go to her muse, Tammy Wynette.

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Hill needs to divorce Bill, and go on a national tour of sadness, focused on the remaining primary states. "My pain reflects that of Bush's America." She should ditch the lame campaign song of Celine Dion's she's using, and go to her muse, Tammy Wynette.

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Your smitten, arent you? :hihi:

Your smitten, arent you? :hihi:

More saddened than smitten. I envisioned the Big Dawg in the White House chasing the interns the way Pan pursued the wood nymphs through the forest of enchantment.

:9:

Nice.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhoOpfb0lPg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhoOpfb0lPg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Change you can Xerox.

I wish someone would have asked her if that was a phrase she came up with, or was it something provided by a speech writer or created by committee during a meeting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom