Once again, this team finds a way. (1 Viewer)

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With Horn and Colston both out after Joe's first catch, this team was faced with a receiving corps of Henderson, Copper, Jones and Lewis. None of them have shown they can step in and be a reliable go-to person for Brees. Devery had the bobbles and drops. He appears to be a more suitable accent receiver and big-play machine, but not the guy to count on for the clutch catches. Copper was invisible.

As the case this season, Payton has had to improvise and cover a glaring weakness. Our first few offensive series went nowhere due to dropped passes. The luxury of having Reggie Bush saved us from being relegated to a one-dimensional offense. Bush was the by far the most sure-handed receiver in the game for us and was called on to be less of a decoy and more of a factor. He did.

This game could have easily been a tough loss for us to a team we should and needed to beat. Not many teams can suffer the losses we did at receiver and overcome that. Being 8-4 instead of 7-5 is huge heading to Dallas.

Great job by the defense. No one has stopped Gore lately. McKenzie stole the Niners momentum, twice. Brees is flippin' amazing - that pass to Bush as he was being sacked went for 13 yards. He faced a strong pass rush all day. Deuce is so reliable and the ultimate team player - he gained about 50 yards on the late drive when the Niners were keying on him - 160+ yards rushing - yawn. The defensive line playing without Will Smith . . . and on and on. Oh, and did I mention that Bush guy? I love this team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom