One conspiracy nobody has talked about (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Patriots are an unbelievable organization. Could you imagine being apart of a team that wins almost every year?

My sister brought up a point today that Tom Brady and patriots had something to do with the refs and Saints losing. All these theories are crazy but interesting to talk about

Would Brady and the coach want to take on the brees, Payton, and saints? Heck no! Brees took down Payton manning in his first super bowl. Patriots have been in questionable things in the past. Could the patriots have a part in terrible calling againts the best team in the NFL?

This is a crazy point of view but so are the rest ?‍♂️

2009 was Peyton Manning’s second Super Bowl.

The Patriots are an unbelievable organization. Could you imagine being apart of a team that wins almost every year?

My sister brought up a point today that Tom Brady and patriots had something to do with the refs and Saints losing. All these theories are crazy but interesting to talk about

Would Brady and the coach want to take on the brees, Payton, and saints? Heck no! Brees took down Payton manning in his first super bowl. Patriots have been in questionable things in the past. Could the patriots have a part in terrible calling againts the best team in the NFL?

Funny that you say that. I just told my daughter that the Saints were the biggest threat to Tom Brady getting his next ring. So, you take out the biggest threat. I think that the Pats will win and Brady finally retires because he will seal his legacy.

Whether or not the cheatriots organization was directly involved, I do believe that there was some "backroom skulduggery".

I think the league wanted a strong showing for the rams this year, if for no other reason than the market size and the sheer arrogance of goodell. I truly believe that he wants to be the one at the helm when L.A. finally supports an NFL team.

To that end, I can easily see orders being given to skew the game in favor of the rams. It wouldn't even require all of the refs being "in on it". One man. At the critical moment was all it took.

A couple years ago, the refs went out on strike. There was a Saints fan (Brian Stropolo) that served as a replacement until it was revealed that he was a WhoDat. There was never any proof or even an accusation of wrong doing, but the man was removed for fear of "the appearance of impropriety".

In this game, there were refs with ties to Southern California. There have been tales of one of them having played for the rams and then the falcons. (This has been disproven, as that ref wasn't even at the game) But why is there a ref in the league with such ties? Why wasn't his eligibility for the position declined for the same reason as Stropolo was? Because the league now considers itself above ethics and morals and other such unpleasantries.

How long did Vince McMahon continue to operate the WWF as a "legitimate sport"? I see the farce that is the current incarnation of the NFL as much the same animal. Until there's some modicum of accountability; some integrity applied; some semblance of the sportsmanship that once made the "shield" what it was, rather than the money grubbing whore it now is: I'm out. I won't watch it. I won't buy or accept merchandise. And i will consciously avoid buying products from NFL sponsors.

tom brady super bowl.jpg

Whether or not the cheatriots organization was directly involved, I do believe that there was some "backroom skulduggery".

I think the league wanted a strong showing for the rams this year, if for no other reason than the market size and the sheer arrogance of goodell. I truly believe that he wants to be the one at the helm when L.A. finally supports an NFL team.

To that end, I can easily see orders being given to skew the game in favor of the rams. It wouldn't even require all of the refs being "in on it". One man. At the critical moment was all it took.

A couple years ago, the refs went out on strike. There was a Saints fan (Brian Stropolo) that served as a replacement until it was revealed that he was a WhoDat. There was never any proof or even an accusation of wrong doing, but the man was removed for fear of "the appearance of impropriety".

In this game, there were refs with ties to Southern California. There have been tales of one of them having played for the rams and then the falcons. (This has been disproven, as that ref wasn't even at the game) But why is there a ref in the league with such ties? Why wasn't his eligibility for the position declined for the same reason as Stropolo was? Because the league now considers itself above ethics and morals and other such unpleasantries.

How long did Vince McMahon continue to operate the WWF as a "legitimate sport"? I see the farce that is the current incarnation of the NFL as much the same animal. Until there's some modicum of accountability; some integrity applied; some semblance of the sportsmanship that once made the "shield" what it was, rather than the money grubbing whore it now is: I'm out. I won't watch it. I won't buy or accept merchandise. And i will consciously avoid buying products from NFL sponsors.
This seems to be the case and it’s pretty obvious to me...to spite all the opportunities the #2 market in the country has had to field a profitable team and generate some interest and a fan base they have always failed so there’s no better way than for the Rams to win the super bowl and possibly generate enough interest to have a chance at success...more money for the NFL if they do succeed and this type of stuff has been happening for several years and seems to get progressively worse to the point there’s absolutely no credibility anymore. The drastic change in refereeing of late has been the biggest giveaway of it all. Idk about y’all but I don’t just watch all the Saints games...I watch the rest of the NFL and officiating throughout has been beyond horrendous and the deciding factor in way too many games for it to just be “human error”. Clearly something is fishy and I think the NFL had something to do with the legalized betting so that they can now pin the blame on the refs for being “on the take” because that’s what these NFL channels have been eluding to as the reason for the bad officiating and the infamous blown call but they won’t reprimand a single ref because they’re just doing as they’re instructed to do...if you don’t just blow teams out then it leaves room for the game to be tampered with...otherwise the fix would be too obvious. I really do believe that the NFL wanted the Vikings in the Super Bowl last year because it would’ve been the first time that the Super Bowl had home-field advantage but the Eagles dominated so much that it was impossible for the refs to have an effect on the outcome without making it obvious to everyone what the NFL’s agenda is. I’ll probably get roasted for this as it seems to be an unpopular opinion and possible “conspiracy theory” but it’s no doubt a possibility for a business as big as the NFL to have enough power to make these type of changes and have enough resources to keep it quiet

From the way both Conference Championships were called, the “roughing the passer” call that was complete BS that helped Brady continue their drive and then our Horrendously called game, I’m not against believing in any conspiracies

From the way both Conference Championships were called, the “roughing the passer” call that was complete BS that helped Brady continue their drive and then our Horrendously called game, I’m not against believing in any conspiracies
Just what I was thinking lol

been watching football for many a decade and I don't ever remember seeing both Conference Championship games decided by the officials more or less.

I firmly believe the Saints would have beaten the Patriots. And while I find this thread entertaining, I can't help but think of this song:

Funny that you say that. I just told my daughter that the Saints were the biggest threat to Tom Brady getting his next ring. So, you take out the biggest threat. I think that the Pats will win and Brady finally retires because he will seal his legacy.
This theory seems a little far fetched! I believe Brady said he's not retiring. I think he hangs on till Brees retires to continue piling up stats to bolster his legacy.

So with five super bowl wins we’re all still iffy on Tom Brady but number six seals the legacy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom