One extremely positive development last night... (1 Viewer)

2009ring

King of the Photobomb
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you can call it an ugly win, and you might not be wrong.

But the biggest thing to me, and I think it's extremely important going forward in the season....is that perhaps due to the weather or whatever, we finally got the screen game and short passing game down. Jameis and Alvin were pretty much in sync all night and Alvin ran wild on Seattle's defense. When the weather would not allow for the deep ball game, the short passing game developed just in time.

And that has been something we've all noticed had been lacking.

That's another wrinkle in our offense that teams will now really have to try to scheme for.

Also keep in mind we were not bad on offense. Just miss opportunities. But gosh those receivers.... Just catch the ball... Not asking for elite performance here.

Jameis missed on a few short to intermediate passes early, but then settled down. He is starting to look for Alvin a lot more on the check down, which is indeed what he should be doing. Without AK, we don't win last night. He's the only above average skill player we have on the offense--he's great, but we don't even have another player who is better than average, if that.

Another plus (or minus depending on how you look at it) is that the Saints had the longest drive in the league this season in terms of number of plays (19). Maybe also in terms of time of possession (over 10 minutes).

The minus... it ended in a FG and not a TD.

Jameis missed on a few short to intermediate passes early, but then settled down. He is starting to look for Alvin a lot more on the check down, which is indeed what he should be doing. Without AK, we don't win last night. He's the only above average skill player we have on the offense--he's great, but we don't even have another player who is better than average, if that.
Yeah I remember early on he sailed one over someone's head, but I also remember reading he was 10 for 11 on passes to Kamara....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom