One Good Thing About It... (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One good thing about not making the playoffs this season is that we don't have to go through the pain of some inexplicable debacle loss. Watching these Cowboys fans melt it's like, welcome to my world. They had a great season and they had so much hope. And just like that, it's over.

I don't know. Not making the playoffs wasn't that big of a blow. Nothing compared to the no call or the fluke in Minneapolis.

I can't stand fans that make a loss or win all about 1 play in the game, or 1 call in the game.... Saints fans not excluded.

There was 60 minutes of football, and many other chances to make a play, not get beat, overcome a call, not commit a penalty, make that kick, make that tackle, make that catch, etc etc etc.

That one play may stand out because of the situation... but it didn't win or lose the game.

I can't stand fans that make a loss or win all about 1 play in the game, or 1 call in the game.... Saints fans not excluded.

There was 60 minutes of football, and many other chances to make a play, not get beat, overcome a call, not commit a penalty, make that kick, make that tackle, make that catch, etc etc etc.

That one play may stand out because of the situation... but it didn't win or lose the game.
If I was a Cowboys fan I'd wonder why the team was sleepwalking the first half. That's the bigger issue than not having one last play.

Just glad in a weird way that we don't have to worry about that being us again.

If I was a Cowboys fan I'd wonder why the team was sleepwalking the first half. That's the bigger issue than not having one last play.

Just glad in a weird way that we don't have to worry about that being us again.

Oh yeah no doubt... better them than us... LOL

Last edited:
I keep thinking: what if the Saints had somehow inched their way in the playoffs with their multiple injuries on offense resulting in third string players starting.. There's a good chance they would have been demolished like the Eagles or the Patriots. I personally would have hated that. It would be a worse legacy than not making the playoffs-- or running the ball with 14 seconds left behind by one score. :hihi:

I keep thinking: what if the Saints had somehow inched their way in the playoffs with their multiple injuries on offense resulting in third string players starting.. There's a good chance they would have been demolished like the Eagles or the Patriots. I personally would have hated that. It would be a worse legacy than not making the playoffs-- or running the ball with 14 seconds left behind by one score. :hihi:
I think our defense would have done a better job than some of those. I can't see anyone putting up a 40/50 burger on us.

I think our defense would have done a better job than some of those. I can't see anyone putting up a 40/50 burger on us.
Absolutely. The defense was excellent. Given the state of the Saints offense at the end of the regular season, however, I would have worried about being shut out. Really wouldn't have wanted to see that.

Absolutely. The defense was excellent. Given the state of the Saints offense at the end of the regular season, however, I would have worried about being shut out. Really wouldn't have wanted to see that.
Nah I don’t think we’d a been shut out. Stafford likely would a thrown at least 1pic 6! 😂

But seriously, after all this team had been through, I thought they earned/deserved a chance to be in the playoffs. We would’ve been a big underdog anyway. So we’d b playin with house money n would play fast n loose. Our D was flat out ballin da last 3-4 games of the season. The O played well the last game, but havn Ram back was big! IF we gotten TA back for the playoffs, who knows?

Cowboys fan will never know our world lol. We had something real to complain about after that rams game. Well i guess they know our disappointment though so that's something.

Eh maybe I'm masochistic but I'd rather be in with a chance to feel that heartbreak, or the elation/relief from moving on, than to not have that at all.

Prior to Taysom going down I thought we'd beat the Rams if we got in, when he got hurt I became less bullish about it but if "in relief" Siemian somehow showed up for 4 quarters then we'd have a perfectly capable offense considering how good our defense was playing.

Last edited:
Eh maybe I'm masochistic but I'd rather be in with a chance to feel that heartbreak, or the elation/relief from moving on, than to not have that at all.

Prior to Taysom going down I thought we'd beat the Rams if we got in, when he get hurt I became less bullish about it but if "in relief" Siemian somehow showed up for 4 quarters then we'd have a perfectly capable offense considering how good our defense was playing.
Totally agree, adding another playoff appearance to our history is a positive thing.

Look at the front page of posts on this board, almost half are related to the Cowboys. The posts about our future free agents and draft is much more appealing to me than starting another Cowboys thread. We come across as the classic little brother celebrating someone else’s misery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom