One helmet rule may go away (1 Viewer)

Couldn't agree more with the final part of the story:

Hopefully, the NFL will let teams deviate from a rule premised on, for reasons I’ve never understood, minimizing concussions. Although no one wants a Nikefication that results in umpteen different helmets per team, the league should allow every team to wear two. Which would allow some classic uniforms to make their return to football.

As for our own team, I'd love ALL the versions TheGooch posted. A couple of times per season with any of those would be awesome!

The one helmet rule was always dumb. When said helmet takes too much damage it is replaced.

Also, you think only one of the 216 different colored helmets Oregon uses is safe? It is not like they aren't fitted and built to the same specifications as their primary helmet. I like when the teams do the throwbacks, and I would love to see that White helmet with the Color Rush jersey this year.

Right now, the only way you get to see a different helmet is to play Madden.

the only appropriate alternate headgear is our "illegal" black helmet from 1969

remember, we're supposed to be dressed out in BLACK & GOLD, not all white like donut bakers or lab technicians

smh

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got why helmet were treated differently than uniforms. Helmets regardless of number must meet a minimal requirement. It would be nice that tams with the same color for the helmets can switch to a greater contrast.

----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom