One Mandeville PD officer killed, another wounded in shooting after car chase (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two Mandeville police officers were shot Friday near U.S. 190 and La. 22, and one has died, according to St. Tammany Sheriff Randy Smith.

The officers were shot after a vehicle chase, according to information Gov. John Bel Edwards received from State Police at 3 p.m. Two suspects have been taken into custody, Smith said.

One witness at the scene said the shooting happened across the street from the Cafe Du Monde location on North Causeway Boulevard.

Sad, Mandeville has a pretty small police force too. My wife called when they put my son's school on lockdown. I hear they found them hiding in the Cane's dumpster.

1569012949448.png

My wife texted at like 234pm. Freakin nuts.

Apparantly apprehended both ( one ran into Beau Chene neighborhood ) . Gonna be somber evening because crap like that just dont happen. From what i read so far, dude just exited his car and started shooting.

Sad, Mandeville has a pretty small police force too. My wife called when they put my son's school on lockdown. I hear they found them hiding in the Cane's dumpster.

im glad they got both suspects. Pretty quick too.

and yes on the dept. small. Gonna be somber weekend for sure on the northshore. I see one officer, same one, 3 years now on Monroe St after i drop off my little one to school. Directs traffic Ugh.

There was a golf tournament at Beau Chene and they cleared the golf course.

Meanwhile, the pursuit continued, as one of the suspects discarded their gun near Acadian Lane. Officers later recovered the firearm. That suspect was found hiding out in the yard of a nearby school.
The other suspect was caught nearby, but officials have not said exactly where.

Wow, too close to home! My wife had just picked our son up from school.

My wife is shook.

She just said she saw them on Monroe St. At 150pm as she was going to get in car line for our youngest. Said she saw them coming up with one cop behimd, zooming and said does he not see the cop? As they passed she had pulled over (Monroe st just one lane each way) she saw the officers. She thought it was the one driving that was killed and thought she saw this man minutes before his death.

I explained it wasn't him that died but another in an unmarked unit.

Sigh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom