One more FA (1 Viewer)

I don't know if Smith will be to expensive. Vollmer's (who is arguably better) new contract has him making 1.25 million with no bonus and a couple incentives that add up to another million if he plays 90% of the snaps and makes the probowl. It really only goes up a little for the next three years as well.

Vollmer did not sign for $1.25 million. While I think his contract was a bargain (and would have loved the Saints to sign him for that), it was not that much of a bargain. Most contracts have a low first year base, but you cannot ignore the remaining years or the signing bonus.

Breaking down Vollmer's contract - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

If they can get McKinnie, I would breathe a lot easier about the OT position. At that point, I think they could draft the BPA and would really make the draft a lot more interesting. My hope is that they can trade down and still pick up Trufant. If they stay at 15 though, there's a good possibility that Mingo or Vacarro will still be there. The way things are shaking out, I'm really starting to take a liking to Vacarro.

Here's a list of guys who are still available, I wouldn't mind seeing in a Saints uni...

WR Danario Alexander
WR Julian Edelman
WR David Nelson
OT Eric Winston
OT Max Starks
OT Ryan Harris
NT Shaun Cody
DE Ryan McBean
LB Chris Gocong
LB Sergio Kindle (for cheap tryout)
LB Shaun Phillips
SS Quintin Demps
SS Corey Lynch

Here's a list of guys who are still available, I wouldn't mind seeing in a Saints uni...

WR Danario Alexander
WR Julian Edelman
WR David Nelson
OT Eric Winston
OT Max Starks
OT Ryan Harris
NT Shaun Cody
DE Ryan McBean
LB Chris Gocong
LB Sergio Kindle (for cheap tryout)
LB Shaun Phillips
SS Quintin Demps
SS Corey Lynch

I'd really like for them to bring Sergio Kindle in for a looksee at SOLB. He was a beast at TX n he'd prolly come in with a nice sized chip on his shoulder

I think we definitely will sign McKinnie soon.
This +1

We cannot go into TC with C.Brown as our only OT and the draft is a crap shoot, cannot take any chances here.

I do think we will add some more depth on D, however, signing some guys like Harrison on vet minimum if they remain on the market for another week or so...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom