One of Drake tour buses robbed of an estimated $3 million in jewelry (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One of Drake tour buses robbed of an estimated $3 million in jewelry

This article was interesting to me, but for a different reason than it seems. When I read the title the first question I had was this really going to be a robbery. More likely I thought it would be a theft or burglary, which it was.

I know its nitpicky, but these writers do have editors for a reason. They missed this one A robbery is an offense against a person. Since no one was on the bus at the time the jewelry was stolen, its a burglary, not a robbery.

So what? That's a fair question, aren't I just being a semantic Nazi?

Well there is in the law quite a difference between a burglary, theft and a robbery.

A theft is more of a general term that involves stealing from others. If you steal from a person using force or intimidation, that's a robbery. Its a much more serious offense.

A burglary is a theft too, but its where you enter a house, building or car. Its more serious than a simple theft as well. Burglarizing an inhabited dwelling is even more serious, even if you did not know the victims were at home. Burglarizing a home while armed is yet even more serious.

Similarly, an armed robbery is way, way more serious than a simple robbery. If I intimidate you into giving me your wallet, that's a simple robbery. If I do so using a knife or gun, that an armed robbery, 5-99 years at hard labor.

So if I read this article correctly, this was more of a burglary than a robbery. Yes its splitting hairs, but aspiring forum thieves need to know this distinction. Its quite a big distinction if you get caught. Had Drake been on this bus, the penalty for the crime would be way more.

Seems like this could have been an inside job. My question is why are you leaving 3 million dollars of bling unattended in a bus on some loading dock?

<iframe src="//cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/591531/sp/59153100/embedIframeJs/uiconf_id/6740162/partner_id/591531?iframeembed=true&playerId=kaltura_player_1413478522&entry_id=0_02y4tbts" width="664" height="421" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozAllowFullScreen frameborder="0" style="width: 700; height: 394px;"></iframe>

One of Drake tour buses robbed of an estimated $3 million in jewelry

This article was interesting to me, but for a different reason than it seems. When I read the title the first question I had was this really going to be a robbery. More likely I thought it would be a theft or burglary, which it was.

I know its nitpicky, but these writers do have editors for a reason. They missed this one A robbery is an offense against a person. Since no one was on the bus at the time the jewelry was stolen, its a burglary, not a robbery.

So what? That's a fair question, aren't I just being a semantic Nazi?

Well there is in the law quite a difference between a burglary, theft and a robbery.

A theft is more of a general term that involves stealing from others. If you steal from a person using force or intimidation, that's a robbery. Its a much more serious offense.

A burglary is a theft too, but its where you enter a house, building or car. Its more serious than a simple theft as well. Burglarizing an inhabited dwelling is even more serious, even if you did not know the victims were at home. Burglarizing a home while armed is yet even more serious.

Similarly, an armed robbery is way, way more serious than a simple robbery. If I intimidate you into giving me your wallet, that's a simple robbery. If I do so using a knife or gun, that an armed robbery, 5-99 years at hard labor.

So if I read this article correctly, this was more of a burglary than a robbery. Yes its splitting hairs, but aspiring forum thieves need to know this distinction. Its quite a big distinction if you get caught. Had Drake been on this bus, the penalty for the crime would be way more.

The oddest thing to me...why the **** does anyone have over $3 million in jewelry to begin with?

The oddest thing to me...why the **** does anyone have over $3 million in jewelry to begin with?

To me this is all relative to one's wealth.

Someone might have a 100k home and their wife have a 5k diamond ring. that's five percent of their wealth tied up in jewelry, assuming they have no mortgage.

Someone living in a shanty in India living on $3 a day might wonder why anyone would be so extravagant to have a 5k diamond ring.

Drake probably has a 100 mil or more. He likes jewelry and can afford it. It is extravagant, but lots of Americans spend a ridiculous portion of their salary on wedding rings. Its all relative.

Heck, I know people who spend over half of their disposable income on saints tickets. :ezbill: Talk about odd.

So what do we call what Leslie pulled Saturday...I was there. Robbery? [emoji12]

It definitely was theft of my time and monies [emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Are we even sure it was Jewelry? Briefcase belonging to a DJ. Hummmmmm

10-bad-mother-f-ing-pulp-fiction-facts-that-you-didn-t-know-416511.jpg

To me this is all relative to one's wealth.

Someone might have a 100k home and their wife have a 5k diamond ring. that's five percent of their wealth tied up in jewelry, assuming they have no mortgage.

Someone living in a shanty in India living on $3 a day might wonder why anyone would be so extravagant to have a 5k diamond ring.

Drake probably has a 100 mil or more. He likes jewelry and can afford it. It is extravagant, but lots of Americans spend a ridiculous portion of their salary on wedding rings. Its all relative.

Heck, I know people who spend over half of their disposable income on saints tickets. :ezbill: Talk about odd.

Nah, at a certain point you're just wasting money on frivolous crap. It's why so many of these guys end up broke despite generating insane sums of money over their careers. They don't think ahead or financially plan, they just spend everything they make on shiny rocks, at clubs, on women, on weird impulse buys, etc. Unless you're Billionaire Rich, that money will go really damn quickly when you lead that kind of lifestyle. Especially when it comes from sports or the entertainment industry, where you have a built in shelf life with a few evergreen exceptions. Ask Nicholas Cage how quickly $150 million can go when you don't spend wisely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom