One of Drake tour buses robbed of an estimated $3 million in jewelry (1 Viewer)

Drake is about the same quality as Justin Beiber :hihi:

You may not be a fan of his bust still having $3M worth of something stolen shouldn't equate to "good" simply because you aren't a fan of what he produces. He is, by all accounts, a decent enough guy. You never see his name in the news for beating women or getting arrested for different things... so why "good?"

A police Officer friend of mine was telling a story about how some lady was complain she was robbed, when she was in fact burglarized. Of course, he felt the need to correct her. I told him he was an arse and should have just let the lady vent, she was the victim.

So, don't feel too bad about being stuck on that.

Yeah, gotta agree 3mil in jewelry? Really? Who the hell totes around that kind of bling?

Oh well, different strokes. I'd have spent the 3 mil on a muscle/classic car collection but at least that wouldn't have been on the bus :hihi:

So what technically is a "mugging"

Mugging is slang for a robbery, but usually a robbery that involves force. While the words theft, robbery and burglary do appear in the statutes of most states, the word "mugging" generally would not. All states have different laws, there might be one that uses the word mugging, I don't know.

Mugging carries the connotation of a street robbery, we think of a mugging happening in a public place. Some might use the word to include a situation where you are encountered on the street and intimidated into giving up your wallet without actually being hit, but more typically we think of a mugging as a robbery where force is actually used. A mugging could occur with or without a weapon.

In Louisiana if you took money by force or intimidation from a person while not using a weapon, the charge would be simple robbery. It is a felony. If you were armed, it would be armed robbery. If you kill someone during a robber, the robbery is the aggravating circumstance that makes it first degree murder.

Generally speaking, the law views crimes where the victim is present as more serious. Embezzling $1000 from someone might be less serious than taking $5 from them in person by force or intimidation. Robbery is a more serious form of theft.

Burglary is more serious than simple theft as well. The penalties for burglary increase significantly if you are stealing from an inhabited dwelling. Stealing something from an empty house or garage is a less dangerous crime than going into an inhabited dwelling. Going on a burglary armed makes the penalties even more.

Last edited:
Don't feel too bad. It's most like $3mil charged to the tour as expenses for wardrobe/costume that will be deducted from tour income and not taxed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom