One of the best special teams tackles ever (1 Viewer)

LSU Auburn Hardest Hit Best Tackle 2011 - YouTube

:Thud:The great kickoff coverage tackle LSU freshman WR Jarvis Landry (Lutcher High School) had against Auburn this season. Luckily, neither player got injured.:flaggen05:

Guessing that's why Auburn was too scared to hit back. ;)

Auburn | MrSEC.com

“The most memorable game I’ve had this year, I’ve got to say, was Auburn, because after the first couple of hits, everybody (on AU’s defense) was just backing up. They didn’t want to hit at all. … Before I got to them, they just fell down and just laid on the ground.

I actually said, ‘C’mon man, you’re better than that. C’mon, hit me. That was like the only game I went home and had no nicks and bruises at all.”

Jarvis Landry was a special teams beast all season long. He had several hits like this this season and made plays in just about every single game. The one he had against Arkansas wasn't as hard of a hit but it was pretty damn impressive, he split two double teams on the way down the field and still managed to beat the rest of the team to the ball by a good 5 yards to de-cleat the returner between the 10-15 yardline.

I agree

I think this season had to be the best ever in both kick and punt coverage. As a kid in Tiger Stadium, I go back to the late 70s, and I can't think of a better year overall in terms of coverage. Now I might be forgetting something given the overall success this season, but our special teams units are well coached with fantastic athletes. Aside from Landry, Alfred Blue stands out to me with how he occupies blockers. Can anyone think of a comparable coverage season?

The guy went a little crazy with the effects on this other video, but my kids love them. Myself, I like the respect given to special teams because too many games get decided by the hustle of the "lesser known" players like a Landry for LSU or Steve Gleason in Saints history.

LSU Tigers Getting IT Started 2011 Season: Pre BCS Special - YouTube

There were at least 4 hits in that game that made the crowd go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom