One overwhelming stat about 3 of our safeties (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper combined to miss more tackles last year than new S Jim Leonard has missed in past 5 seasons.

Via Pro Football Focus

That's kind of a tricky stat. They're combining two players' negative stats (two players who have neither missed much time), so that's basically 2 seasons, and you're comparing it to a player that a.) has missed several games over the past five seasons and b.) was a part-time player in Denver last year.

I get what they're doing here and I am a fan of Leonhard, but I think this stat is a little misleading. With that said, yes, our starting safeties have been awful.

That's kind of a tricky stat. They're combining two players' negative stats (two players who have neither missed much time), so that's basically 2 seasons, and you're comparing it to a player that a.) has missed several games over the past five seasons and b.) was a part-time player in Denver last year.

I get what they're doing here and I am a fan of Leonhard, but I think this stat is a little misleading. With that said, yes, our starting safeties have been awful.

Agreed. And playing on overall great defensive teams make the margin for error larger.

Pointless comparison that really reveals nothing. Nice job in stirring up a little controversy though.

Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper combined to miss more tackles last year than Saints Report poster mr e has missed in past 5 seasons. :ezbill:

I don't know how anyone can defend Jenkins' and Harper's tackling. It's pretty awful! I'm a fan of both b/c they are Saints, but they need to learn how to tackle.

In other new Brett Favre has thrown more interceptions than both Billy Joes combined.

Pointless comparison that really reveals nothing. Nice job in stirring up a little controversy though.

It reveals that our safeties are very poor tacklers. Of course, anyone watching a game saw how is bad our safety play was.

Can't Cover
Can't Catch
Miss tons of tackles

Why all the love for Harper and Jenkins?

You must browse the forum with your eyes closed. Harper and Jenkins are far from loved around here.

True, and here's some more stirring

Leonhard has never had more than 76 tackles in any season in his NFL career.

Harper has surpassed that in 6 of his 7 years in the league. (the only time he didn't was his 5 game rookie season, which he was on pace for 86)

Jim Leonhard averages 43 tackles per season
Malcolm Jenkins averages 73 tackles per season
Roman Harper averages 88 tackles per season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom