One play symbolizes why Grant must be resigned. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
One play symbolizes why Grant must be re-signed.

The tackle that Grant made from on the screen play in the fourth quarter. Pretty incredible play for a man of his size against a running back. Personally, I feel that resigning Grant is a key component to our long term success. The nucleus for a very positive future is there for this team.....but locking up talent like Charles is key. I was so happy to hear that the front office has opened discussions with Charles for a new contract. LOCK HIM UP!

Last edited:
great call! I can barely fathom how he even made the tackle. 1) he read the play well 2) he busted past a blocker 3) and then made an unbelievable tackle... and it was at the most clutch time. That was amazing!

Definitely. Did you see the hit he gave Payton on the sideline? LMAO It looked likePayton was a little stunned by how hard grant hit him and Payton then hit him back pretty hard. That was funny!!

I thought for sure that when Grant made that play we were going to win the game.

Definitely. Did you see the hit he gave Payton on the sideline? LMAO It looked likePayton was a little stunned by how hard grant hit him and Payton then hit him back pretty hard. That was funny!!

Thats why I love Payton, he discilpline's his players but they seem to love him though! And yes that was a great play by Charles,incredible!

Knowing the history of the Saints, Grant will walk, we'll start Ninkovich, and draft another DE in the 3rd round while overlooking the REAL problem areas on D.

Here's to bucking the trend.

I think he needs to be resigned because we don't need to create anymore holes to fill. We'll have a busy offseason already getting this defense up to the level of the offense.

Great play and Grant has looked good this year...but...well, is anyone else here worried that this comes during his contract year? Hate to say it, but I could see him signing a big deal and kind of cruising. Maybe that's not fair, but these contract year performances have duped a lot of teams into coughing up big money over the years for guys whose performance tails off there after.

I love Charles Grant, but I don't want him "resigned" like you guys do. Him "resigning" will mean him quitting and leaving us. I would rather see him RE-SIGNED, (emphasis on the '-') as in a contract extension that keeps him in New Orleans. He is a beast :)

If the Saints do not lock him up before he becomes a free agent then he is as good as gone. He will be a hot free agent because he is a talented DE and they are hard to find.

Yes, Grant is a monster and should be a Saint for life. He is clearly the best defensive player on the team with Big Willy close behind him. Get him signed NOW!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom