One player left add (2 Viewers)

Just take QB Anthony Gordon in round 4 or 5 and we'll have a winner for the back up spot.
This kid would do well under the wing of Drew.

There is a video on Gardner-Johnson on the site and the second thing to stand out (other than CGJ) was Klein. Dude was in every highlight except for a couple. IDK LBr is a huge need.

To late, the free agent market for LB is pretty much over, looks like it will be the draft. That is unless we trade for one.

I wouldn't mind drafting Zach Baun, I think he would fit in well beside Demario Davis. They could feed off each other.

Not to mention the ability for Baun to learn from one of the best in the game.

I like Murray too, but I feel he is of similar style to Davis. We need a bigger LB'r to fill the gaps and drop the hammer on outside runs

I’d love it if the Saints could find a way to bring in Everson Griffin. It’s probably impossible to happen with his asking price, but I’ll never count Loomis out.

The back up QB discussion has happened a few times here, and every time I think about it, I keep coming back to Blake Bortles. He has talent and appears to have some smarts. Protect him and let Sean work with him and you might have something. A year or two under Drew might do him good. Also, he’s already accepted being a 2nd teamer for now, so he probably won’t be looking for big money.

I’m 1-for-1 on calling low-level signings this offseason (I nailed the Mike Burton signing).

Im really feeling myself, and I have convinced myself that I have a knack for “below the radar” predictions...

With that said, I’m predicting the Saints sign veteran backup QB Mike Glennon.
SP has long admired Glennon. He’s definitely a viable backup QB.

I’d love it if the Saints could find a way to bring in Everson Griffin. It’s probably impossible to happen with his asking price, but I’ll never count Loomis out.
Me too. He was the one guy I’ve wanted since fa began. Him and a wr 2. We got the wr but we need another pass rusher and we don’t bring in edge rushers cause there not our style on de. Would just be nice to have him wrecking teams for us instead of him wrecking us. We need him in case davenport gets hurt as well

Before I joined I followed the comments about this. The most recent wisdom was that Payton was pushing a false narrative to peddle Taysom to another team for a draft pick.

Is that still the case?

I'm asking myself where the hold up signing a new contract is. Are the Saints the ones waiting or is Taysom the holdout?

The saints have to decide if Taysom is Drew V2.0 or not and commit. If he is the apple of Payton's eye then we will see a lot more snaps for #7. If they have him taking 20-30 snaps a game that would make him the defacto #2. In which case we might as well get a third on the practice squad and free up a spot and some cap space by not bringing in a backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom