One reason why LSU's football program is greater than your teams program... (1 Viewer)

LSU fans and USC fans both think that their school is superior and they both have valid points. USC does have the most wins of any team this decade. Good point. LSU has TWO crystal balls. Better point. It may just be the homer in me but I see a vast difference between a team that has gone 1-1 in the NCG and a team that is 2-0 while playing a MUCH harder regular season schedule. Both teams are excellent but LSU is the best that college football has to offer and nothing but another USC national championship will change my mind

First off, I really like LSU; I'm glad that they won. If it couldn't be USC, I'd back LSU. I do think, however, that RIGHT NOW, USC is capable of beating anybody. They stumbled early in the season, yes, but how does that reflect how good a team really is? One speed bump on the road to glory can cause a full crash. OSU didn't stumble and what did that get them? Their second straight championship butt-kicking. They were not, nor were they ever, the best team in the nation. If nothing else, Auburn in 2004, Boise State last year and a few teams this year, USC and Georgia among them, have legitimate arguments as to why they should have at least been given the opportunity to play for the championship. If WVU and Missouri hadn't stumbled in the final week, then USC would have spanked OSU in the Rose Bowl; that program is just not good enough.

That was a SPLIT championship in 2003. I won't bother to argue who was the better team that year; obviously the experts were divided. In 2005, they were 2 LenDale White yards from a dynasty and Vince Young would have been an afterthought. I still blame Pete Carroll for blowing that one, but the officiating in that game was downright horrible.

Peyton: :angryrazz: yeah, yeah, stuff happens. It shouldn't have happened and it did, so be it. You should be thankful that the game happened and beam for all it's worth, because you were 1 dropped Stanford pass from being on the opposite end of a Trojan arse-whupping. You think Kentucky and Arkansas were tough? You thought Andre Woodson and Darren McFadden were unstoppable? Have you folks in Louisiana ever heard of guys named John David Booty or Joe McKnight? :9: ...

(Ducks for cover)

In all seriousness, congratulations to LSU; they were more than deserving.

Joe McKnight will be a FINE player no doubt, but JD Booty is a softy and can't handle pressure, I'm glad he never came to LSU, I have 0 worries about JD Booty should we meet up next year for the championship game.

Truth be told, I don't like JDB, either; he's too inconsistent. I think that Mustain will do a better job, if he can pick up the offence in time to unseat Sanchez before the season starts.

:worthy: The first two time national champion in the BCS era. :17::worthy:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

? thats the reason why? Hell, nearly every lsu fan on these boards gave up after the first lost.. the rest did so after the second. Man.. I guess some team had to win it.. but hey.. if I were on that team.. no matter which.. I wouldnt be all that happy.

I think SC would have mopped su up.. but hey.. we'll never know now.. will we?

As far as the greater schedule strength issue.. if your that good.. you schedule shouldnt matter. Just win baby.. you should be able to beat everyone on your schedule.. IF.. your that good.

This year.. the national championship.. was trash. Many, including myself, did not look forward to watching it. The main reason being that a few teams could have made an argument to be in the championship game.. in other words.. we need a playoffs system (which we'll never get).

Ah well... what can ya do.. it is what it is...

? thats the reason why? Hell, nearly every lsu fan on these boards gave up after the first lost.. the rest did so after the second. Man.. I guess some team had to win it.. but hey.. if I were on that team.. no matter which.. I wouldnt be all that happy.

As far as the greater schedule strength issue.. if your that good.. you schedule shouldnt matter. Just win baby.. you should be able to beat everyone on your schedule.. IF.. your that good.

This year.. the national championship.. was trash. Many, including myself, did not look forward to watching it. The main reason being that a few teams could have made an argument to be in the championship game.. in other words.. we need a playoffs system (which we'll never get).

Well it's your conference and the Big Ten that is against a plus 1 or playoff format, so you have no complaint at all. Deal with it and rewatch the Stanford game.

Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen has gone so far as to say he will pull his league out of the BCS if a Plus One is adopted.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...nYcB?slug=dw-system010708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Last edited:

:mad::mad::mad:

This is a bit too simplistic of a notion. Let anyone in the PAC 10 or Big 10 play as many ranked opponents as LSU and let's see what their outcome would be. As you play all these tough games, players get hurt, tired and mentally defeated. It takes a stonger team to overcome those adversities.

The schedule matters plenty. To think otherwise is just naive. Just look at OSU and USC's schedule. If they actually had to play the same opponents as LSU or anyone else in the SEC, then they wouldn't even get to sniff the BCS.

Smell it and get over it.

LSU should have been facing the REAL contenders:

usc_3501.jpg

THAT would have been a game for the ages.

Polls said:
1) LSU
2) Not USC

<s></s>

Well it's your conference and the Big Ten that is against a plus 1 or playoff format, so you have no complaint at all. Deal with it and rewatch the Stanford game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...nYcB?slug=dw-system010708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Please allow me to clarify a bit on my drunken post last night (heh.. sorry all)

I suppose all I meant was this.. congrats LSU.. you guys earned it. However, I think it is easy to speculate on other teams that may have deserved to be in the game as well.

oh trust me.. I knew about that and have disagreed with it. And for what its worth.. I HATE, with a passion, USC. I was one of the many partying it up when stanford beat em =) So yes.. I will rewatch that game anytime and day.

Im a Bruins fan.. (I know I know)

I actually like LSU.. and was cheering them on against Ohio St. I dont think SC is as good as they have been in years past (obviously) but I think they could've given LSU a good run for their money. Was mopped up the right choice of words? No, and I apologize for that.. damn alcohol.

But to say that SC wouldnt even sniff the bcs if they had an sec sched (someone else said this.. not you Harsch).. I think that is abit naive in itself. SC has been a good team for a long time.. I think it just erks me the wrong way when I constantly hear people proclaim the sec as god. There are other good teams out there.. that are not in the sec. Is the sec the best conference? In my opinion.. yeah.. but they arent the only one with good football teams that can beat good teams.

While I wasnt really excited about watching the game lastnight.. I still did.. and enjoyed it. However, I really just wanted to see the Dome with football in action one last time before next season. Go Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom