One thing is for sure today.... (1 Viewer)

StarSaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Vick is going to try to win this game all by himself.

He's on the hot seat. His coach is on the hotseat. His team is desperate.

You know Micheal Vick would love nothing more than to take this game on his back and "show" the world that his is still the "man".

This could lead to one of 2 things....

1) our D will be overanxious and we'll easily lose containment. result - you'll see vick with possibly close to 100 yards on the ground today.

2) he'll force WAAAY too much in the passing game to try to make a point and we'll finally get some INTs that we need to get our defense back on track.

Vick is pulling out all the stops today. we'd better be ready.

I agree with you that Vick will probably be pressing hard today. Without Harper to spy Vick it will fall to our D-Line to be diciplined when rushing the QB. However, when I say diciplined, I don't mean rush to a point and then stop and just try to hold containment which our D-Line does way too much of. What I mean is, crush the pocket around the QB but do it with dicipline and leave no where for Vick to run. Because if we do the former instead of the latter, Vick may not be able to run but will have a lot of time for his recievers to get open and for him to complete the pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom