Only people I want in free agency (1 Viewer)

WhoDatfolife

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
1. Anthony Spencer/Victor Butler
2. Ricky Jean-Francois
3. Derek Cox

Any thoughts?

1. Anthony Spencer/Victor Butler
2. Ricky Jean-Francois
3. Derek Cox

Any thoughts?

Well Spencer got franchised, for starters.

I'd be fine with Jean-Francois as NT depth, but I don't think he'd push Bunkley as starter.

I think Cox gets paid a little more than we want to spend on CB.

I'd be fine with Jean-Francois as NT depth, but I don't think he'd push Bunkley as starter.

Bunkleys better? I thought Jean-Francois was

I think Anthony Spencer was franchise tagged.

But hoping we get a couple of guys from my list.

Glover Quinn
Derek Cox
Keenan Lewis
Victor butler
Connor Barwin
Larry Grant

Jean-Francois isn't a NT, not in the 3-4 anyway. He played DE for the 49ers.

Are you sure? I thought i'd read he played and handled both positions well

He is versatile, but in no way a pure NT. He replaced Justin Smith when he went down injured this past year.

Victor butler I think remains a strong possibility. His familiarity with Ryan and his fitting a need makes him a prime target. Derek cox has interest from multiple teams, meaning his value will be driven up slightly. The market is too deep for us to overpay for a DB. If he decides he wants to demand a bit too much, we can find other serviceable options in the next two weeks as the market cools. I'm still holding out hope that Reed gives us a look. If we can sign him to a 3 year deal for about 3 mill a year I'd be ok with it. Question becomes what do we do with an overpaid Harper with Ed reed at free safety and Jenkins moved to strong? Unless we move Jenkins back to corner and leave reed and Harper in the the rear...

Are you sure? I thought i'd read he played and handled both positions well

This is true. He saw snaps at both positions, he was the 49ers 4th lineman.

I'd be happy with Reed, Cox, Butler and him. Give every level of our defense some competition and upgrade. Not really sure who's left on the TE market and the tackle market is all but evaporated after Long.

This is true. He saw snaps at both positions, he was the 49ers 4th lineman.

I'd be happy with Reed, Cox, Butler and him. Give every level of our defense some competition and upgrade. Not really sure who's left on the TE market and the tackle market is all but evaporated after Long.

Good news is I think we can find a tackle in the draft and we have two decent projects already on the roster in marcel jones and Bryce Harris. Harris especially did a pretty good job at right tackle in his short time there. Charles brown is a big disappointment, I don't think he holds up at left tackle.

Just Say No to high-end FA's...

Lock down Graham as he is our NEXT hurdle. Get it done now BEFORE the price goes up again.

I don't get the fascination with Reed. He's a shell of his former self. Not nearly the player he used to be. And in all honesty, I doubt he is someone we would even be interested in.

I don't get the fascination with Reed. He's a shell of his former self. Not nearly the player he used to be. And in all honesty, I doubt he is someone we would even be interested in.

It's easy to understand the fascination with reed due to the hometown connection. He is still a more than capable starter, and among the top 5 FS in the league. Just exploring options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom