Only people I want in free agency (1 Viewer)

Butler, francois, and cox are all realistic choices

I would really like to see Nnamdi come in and play under Ryan again.

I just dont want a guy that doesnt care or has lost his fire, if the reports are true. But we usually have success with retreads so we'll see.

I just dont want a guy that doesnt care or has lost his fire, if the reports are true. But we usually have success with retreads so we'll see.

I think he was completely played away from his strengths. Nnamdi was Richard Sherman before Richard Sherman. He is 6'2" 210 converted safety, who manhandles people at the LoS, and has a very fluid back pedal and keeps the play in front of him.

In Philly he was asked to play 10 yards off the LoS, cover areas opposed to players and was releasing WR to the horrible safety's. The Safety's in Philly are bad, and they generated no pass rush in Philly. Was doomed from the start.

Give him RR as a DC, who will get pressure on the QB, and let him get up on the WR at the LoS and he will be boss again like he was under Ryan in Oakland. Nnamdi is reported to want to play for a winning team, and will seek less than market to play for one after being on dysfunctional teams his whole career.

We are a winning team, we have the DC that he played the best ball in his career under and if he really will take less to play for a winner we fit the bill to a T.

I think he was completely played away from his strengths. Nnamdi was Richard Sherman before Richard Sherman. He is 6'2" 210 converted safety, who manhandles people at the LoS, and has a very fluid back pedal and keeps the play in front of him.

In Philly he was asked to play 10 yards off the LoS, cover areas opposed to players and was releasing WR to the horrible safety's. The Safety's in Philly are bad, and they generated no pass rush in Philly. Was doomed from the start.

Give him RR as a DC, who will get pressure on the QB, and let him get up on the WR at the LoS and he will be boss again like he was under Ryan in Oakland. Nnamdi is reported to want to play for a winning team, and will seek less than market to play for one after being on dysfunctional teams his whole career.

We are a winning team, we have the DC that he played the best ball in his career under and if he really will take less to play for a winner we fit the bill to a T.

I agree all the ingredients are there. Just hope we don't get the leftover product from a great career gone south.

It's easy to understand the fascination with reed due to the hometown connection. He is still a more than capable starter, and among the top 5 FS in the league. Just exploring options.

Oh ok, since he played high school ball here nearly 20 years ago it makes sense to go ahead and give him a big money deal to get some extra fans from Destrahan in the stands. Now I got it.

Oh ok, since he played high school ball here nearly 20 years ago it makes sense to go ahead and give him a big money deal to get some extra fans from Destrahan in the stands. Now I got it.

I don't believe anyone, especially myself, said give him big money. I just said I understand the fascination...good try to put me on blast though ;)

Really not trying to blast anyone, but there's no way anyone gets Reed for less than 3.5 or 4 million per year and the only reason he is gonna get that is based off his past production. His coverage skills have fallen off dramatically the last few years and to me it's a step in the wrong direction. If really prefer to add a few guys with potential to take a step forward instead of a guy who is really just looking for one more pay day before hanging it up.

I wouldn't mind giving Nmandi a shot for the right price... There was a philly reporter on the radio yesterday just ripping him, who to me didn't even understand what his strengths were, it's funny how these guys get these jobs. I honestly think they forced him to play out of his comfort zone so he stopped caring. And i can't blame him. If he can get the fire back under RR i'm all for it.

Really not trying to blast anyone, but there's no way anyone gets Reed for less than 3.5 or 4 million per year and the only reason he is gonna get that is based off his past production. His coverage skills have fallen off dramatically the last few years and to me it's a step in the wrong direction. If really prefer to add a few guys with potential to take a step forward instead of a guy who is really just looking for one more pay day before hanging it up.

I guess the question is do we feel like we can get someone who will have reeds impact right away? The door is starting to close on championship opportunities as brees ages, I'm thinking the life of his contract is the ABSOLUTE ceiling for our chance, so while we do need some developmental prospects, it may not hurt to sign a special veteran to a short term contract to help right away.

I guess the question is do we feel like we can get someone who will have reeds impact right away? The door is starting to close on championship opportunities as brees ages, I'm thinking the life of his contract is the ABSOLUTE ceiling for our chance, so while we do need some developmental prospects, it may not hurt to sign a special veteran to a short term contract to help right away.

Ok, so give Reed big money to make a push to get to a Super Bowl while the window is open? I can understand that part. But then what do u do with Harper or Jenkins? Can't keep all 3. Wouldn't be able to trade them. So just cut your losses and release one of them? Does that move make this years team that much better? Does it take us from a 9 or 10 win team to a 12 win team? I don't think so.

Ok, so give Reed big money to make a push to get to a Super Bowl while the window is open? I can understand that part. But then what do u do with Harper or Jenkins? Can't keep all 3. Wouldn't be able to trade them. So just cut your losses and release one of them? Does that move make this years team that much better? Does it take us from a 9 or 10 win team to a 12 win team? I don't think so.
they should move jenkins to corner where he belongs.

Many players who could have an impact are left on the market. Now that the first wave of signings is over, we can sign a decent player for a good price.
Victor Butler OLB
James Harrison OLB
Nnamdi Asomougha CB
Brice McCain CB
Karlos Dansby LB
Brandon Myers TE
Anthony Fasano TE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom