Only Philip Rivers and the Chargers could do this (1 Viewer)

I understand and it is obviously your website to run as you see fit. I just took issue with the actions I mentioned because you guys usually handle things better. I realize that my opinion means little if anything at all at this point.

Another game where the D gives up 30+ points. Undeserved win. This is the type of meaningless win which will give us a lower Draft pick

You shouldn't even be thinking about draft position until if/when we are out of playoff contention...at the earliest.

Edited: I have edited by deleting the quote I referenced, and I added the bold print statement for reasons that are understood, I hope, by all. Peace!

<B>This is directed to anyone who feels the need to belittle our team or moderators, and is not meant to attack anyone in particular.</B>

One should remember that this is a PRIVATE website that is funded entirely out of the pocket of Andrus, its creator. Some of us have bought into his vision, and this has become the largest and most successful of all Saints fan websites. he pays for all of the equipment and servers himself. Additionally, it is one of the classiest and best run fan forums on the Internet. Surf around and you will see. One of the things that has kept it classy, is the work done by our moderators to disallow the kind of name calling and language that is prevalent on many of the other boards.

Many of us try to help Andrus in a number of ways, primarily donations and becoming subscribing members. Usually, the people who complain the loudest about ads, (you don't see them if you are a subscriber), the moderators, (all volunteers to keep the peace), and the inability to criticize players openly, (many players have family here on the board), are people who do nothing to help further the board, i.e., donating or subscribing. While it is ok to say the defense is terrible, it is not ok to say, "Player X sucks." This is just common decency, and separates us from the bottom feeders of the Internet.

This board started from a very meager and tight knit community, and as it grew, members wished to keep the original feel and family friendly aspects of the original. Its success and growth is a testament to the way it has been run. No one is required to be here, and if one doesn't like the rules, one doesn't have to stay. Everyone is free to go elsewhere for their info.

My suggestion is to read the guidelines listed at the top of the main SSF page for all new posters. After reading those and digesting the information listed therein, you may decide this is not the place for you. If you find that you have no problem abiding by the rules, please continue to be a welcome member of the message board. Even better, donate, subscribe, or both, and you will find a great deal of reward in the form of faster service, fewer, if any, ads, and the ability to bypass "the server is busy" message that shows up during peak usage times in case of huge news that often takes place during times of crisis or great success. Examples include the draft, playoffs, big trades, serious injuries, and other big news that can cause the servers to crash.

Andrus has increased the server capabilities at great cost to himself. Those of us who choose to support this great source of Saints info truly reap the rewards. Why not be a bigger part of things?

Thanks for being here, and enjoy all of the many benefits the board has to offer.

Ken

I understand and it is obviously your website to run as you see fit. I just took issue with the actions I mentioned because you guys usually handle things better. I realize that my opinion means little if anything at all at this point.

Sure it does! All opinions matter. One just has to understand just how to deliver their opinions. Simply read the guidelines and become familiar with how things run. It really makes for a better board.

I don't post on this forum often, I mostly stay in the PDB, but being told I am acting like a pompous jack *** and being rated as an inferior fan because I stated something that is objectively true about a football game... I guess I'll chalk it up to collateral damage?

You really should take this to PM, but since you brought it up....

Let's start with the beginning. You posted, in no reply to anyone, the following:

I don't watch the game to watch my team lose; I am very happy they won, and yes, they still had to make the plays and score the points, but objectively, San Diego's meltdown was epic.

Fair statement, not sure why all the red thumbs.

Then, you decided to quote Dan, who was quoting someone else and not even talking to you.

Or maybe we earned it.

Yes, the Saints still had to make the plays and score the points, but you cannot deny the San Diego meltdown was epic. Those last 3-4 drives, after dominating most of the game, and mostly playing mistake-free football, the Chargers could not do anything right.

Again, fair enough point. to which Dan just replied.

Yes. I can.

Which is also a fair enough, non inflammatory comment. You then decided to take offense to that for God knows what reason.

Well, what can I say, then?

Look, you want to get excited about a win any which way you want to rationalize it, feel free. It's your entertainment. But the elementary school name calling and "fanner than thou" attitude is not necessary.

Maybe you're talking about the overall discussion, to which Andrus has addressed (there is a strong, long term reason for it). And it has absolutely nothing to do with you, but you decided to get on your soap box and condemn him.

Then I replied with my gif, half joking, and half "get out of here with that nonsense". Basically, at this point, you have to realize you decided to pick a fight. Right?

Then, Dan replied with...

And you want to over-analyze everything because you are smarter than everyone else on this site. I'm not "fanner than thou", but I am a fan. You are taking your fandom way too serious and not doing it very well. You come across as a pompous ***' Just my take, others opinions may differ.

Then I'll skip ahead to this.

I am seeing a pattern here... perhaps a deeper issue...

And now you insult me (never mind you are an admin), making assumptions about what I am doing or not doing.

I don't see how stating the Chargers made a series of crucial mistakes at the end of the game, which is objectively true, signifies I am taking my fandom way too serious[ly].

On the contrary, it is clear you are the one who's taking his fandom too seriously, insulting and chastising anyone who doesn't see things your way.

See, you decided that you were getting chastised for pointing out the Chargers coughed up the game and we capitalized. When, NO ONE was doing that to you. You got a little grief for picking a fight over something no one was even talking to you about.

I don't know why you got the inferiority complex here, but you weren't even in the discussion. If you want to call that collateral damage, I guess you could.

the chargers are the only nfl team that fumbles,throws picks, don't think so. I look at it this way. The saints collected three turnovers and played great red zone offensive football in crunch time,special teams did its thing in there as well. First time they have done that all year,whats not to like.

What a thread....lot of action happened in here today....lol

This website has grown on a massive scale since I first joined back in the day. This website is definitely the best for Saints news ever. I remember Andrus when he ran this place with an iron fist, he was a regular in here slapping us all around. Now he's taken a backseat and fishes all the time but that's ok. Fishing is fun....

Andrus is The Godfather of Saintsreport.

You really should take this to PM, but since you brought it up....

Let's start with the beginning. You posted, in no reply to anyone, the following:

Fair statement, not sure why all the red thumbs.

Then, you decided to quote Dan, who was quoting someone else and not even talking to you.

Again, fair enough point. to which Dan just replied.

Which is also a fair enough, non inflammatory comment. You then decided to take offense to that for God knows what reason.

Maybe you're talking about the overall discussion, to which Andrus has addressed (there is a strong, long term reason for it). And it has absolutely nothing to do with you, but you decided to get on your soap box and condemn him.

Then I replied with my gif, half joking, and half "get out of here with that nonsense". Basically, at this point, you have to realize you decided to pick a fight. Right?

Then, Dan replied with...

Then I'll skip ahead to this.

See, you decided that you were getting chastised for pointing out the Chargers coughed up the game and we capitalized. When, NO ONE was doing that to you. You got a little grief for picking a fight over something no one was even talking to you about.

I don't know why you got the inferiority complex here, but you weren't even in the discussion. If you want to call that collateral damage, I guess you could.

That is priceless, Ward. I guess I know better now.
Done here.

If the other team gifts you with turnovers, you still have to score. You have to take the opportunity and punch it in. When its 4 and 22, you have to be in position to intercept. Players and the team still have to leverage the mistakes and steal the game. Give credit to the Saints where its due. Our defense is sub-nfl par, but they made crucial plays when it was absolutely necessary and we emerged with a W. Chargers screwed up, but we cashed in those gifts. Saints showed real grit in the 4th quarter. Im proud of our guys.
That is more than fair enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom