Only Philip Rivers and the Chargers could do this (1 Viewer)

We're a bad football team, but fans are entitled to want wins and get excited about them. I don't think that anyone on this board thinks we're primed for a SuperBowl run or even make the playoffs, but the amount of negativity on this board is insane.

Fans are showing excitement about a win, and in every thread there are about 4 Debbie Downers who want to rain on their parade. What gives?

We just won our first game of the season, in an obviously emotional game for Drew. Let's enjoy it. Shame on any Saints "fan" who isn't enjoying this victory.

There will be at least 5 active threads on the main page of this forum predicting playoffs by Wednesday. I've seen this song and dance before.

I also don't think it's shameful to want more than the bare minimum from the team we've assembled around our HoF quarterback. It's not a crime to say "I'm glad we won, but they need to do better."

And the Saints didn't gift wrap the Raiders and Giants games for their opponents? Get real man. The NFL is all about capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes. The Saints did that, and won.

If a win still depresses you then I just don't know what to say anymore.

You're twisting words. No one is depressed we won. We're depressed that we played awful, and the win isn't enough to counter it.

Yes we are inches away from losing.

We are also inches away from being 3-1. Thats how the game is played. Enjoy the win or stop watching. If you are pulling for this team to lose for a draft pick go find another team to watch.

Another game where the D gives up 30+ points. Undeserved win. This is the type of meaningless win which will give us a lower Draft pick

A meaningless win with 12 more games to go in the season???

So, you want our team to adopt a 'play to lose' mentality just to get a higher draft pick?? Disgusting.

Sir, you are not a fan. Please find another team's board to harass with this trash talk.

San Diego gave us the opportunities we needed to win the game, but the Saints took full advantage of those opportunities. Just because the Chargers fumbled doesn't mean those 14 points we scored to win the game were gimmes. Saints earned single point! WHO DAT!!!

So much was wrong with the defense and the play calling went sideways there when we had a chance to go ahead...

But I give credit for not quitting and playing through the end and taking advantage of San Diego's meltdown.

And the Saints didn't gift wrap the Raiders and Giants games for their opponents? Get real man. The NFL is all about capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes. The Saints did that, and won.

Gonna be people who were all prepared to show up and complain about the loss, but that got ruined for them. So now they'll just complain about the win.

You're twisting words. No one is depressed we won. We're depressed that we played awful, and the win isn't enough to counter it.

Not trying to twist any words. I just have zero frame of reference for complaining in any way about a win. The whole point of watching sports is getting to cheer your team to a victory. Nit picking how it happened is just not reasonable in my mind.

well to be honest we did not turn the ball over on the last 3 possessions in either of those two games....in fact the giants tried to give the game away to us by losing the turnover battle by 4

I mean this thing was gift wrapped with a very pretty bow on it....one fumble the guy was not touched....and then there is the bad snap that put SD in the 3rd and 22 hole....then the dropped pass for at least a 30 yard gain...a multitude of gaffes and one of the most epic collapses I have ever seen.

thank you san diego and philip rivers....you did what you do best...choke like no other team in the nfl

We lost our first two games by a total of four points in the last seconds of each game. Today the situation reversed because both sides of the ball stayed in game for 60 minutes. Those fumbles may appear to be gifts but I contend that our players were there to take advantage of them. KARMA brotha.

I don't watch the game to watch my team lose; I am very happy they won, and yes, they still had to make the plays and score the points, but objectively, San Diego's meltdown was epic.

Why would you enjoy being an awful football team that can only win when the opponent giftwraps it for you? You can be glad we won without being delusional about our play on the field.

At least you can if you're not on Saintsreport.

Since when is enjoying a win "being delusional"?? You can be glad we won without being completely negative about our play on the field.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom