Only Two Franchises Have Won More Than One Championship Since ‘06 (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Patriots and the Giants are the only franchises that have won more than one during Brees’ tenure.
The Carroll Seahawks, the Ravens, the Tomlin Steelers, the Dungy/Manning Colts; all with one championship.
Brees is still a first ballot HOF’er. He’s still one of the greatest to play. His legacy is safe.

The Patriots and the Giants are the only franchises that have won more than one during Brees’ tenure.
The Carroll Seahawks, the Ravens, the Tomlin Steelers, the Dungy/Manning Colts; all with one championship.
Brees is still a first ballot HOF’er. He’s still one of the greatest to play. His legacy is safe.

That’s why I can’t understand all this Saints Choking talk. It’s HARD to get to a Super Bowl, yet alone win one. What Saints have done these pass 4 years has been amazing.

That’s why I can’t understand all this Saints Choking talk. It’s HARD to get to a Super Bowl, yet alone win one. What Saints have done these pass 4 years has been amazing.
You have the Minnesota Miracle highlight. If that was a regular lose, this talk would not exist.

I hate the choke thing. One player choked in Minnesota and refs choked against Rams. By definition every game should be competitive so going to Super one year (refs choke) and NFC championship (Minny miracle) another means 1 Super Bowl and one NFC championship appearance in last 4 years. TEAM did not choke. This year no bye or home crowd for getting 2 seed.
Pretty unlucky if you ask me.

You have the Minnesota Miracle highlight. If that was a regular lose, this talk would not exist.

Honestly, Saints shouldn’t have been in that game. But credit to Saints for fighting back and being a tackle away from victory. Even so, Saints wouldn’t have beaten the Eagles at home with the run they were on. Out of the Saints 4 playoffs, only the no call Rams game is the team that should of had a Super appearance and Trophy.

Honestly, Saints shouldn’t have been in that game. But credit to Saints for fighting back and being a tackle away from victory. Even so, Saints wouldn’t have beaten the Eagles at home with the run they were on. Out of the Saints 4 playoffs, only the no call Rams game is the team that should of had a Super appearance and Trophy.
That doesn't matter.

We lost in grand fashion and like it or not, that carries a legacy.

Then we went all in on "Super Bowl or bust" at our own undoing.

I don't get why fans are confused as to why the oasis is on us more than any other team as far as coming up short. I mean look at this...look!

Like it or not, that's unprecedented and that is our legacy. If you've had the regular season run we've had with ZERO Super Bowl appearances to show for it, people will mark that against you. The Eagles were in our same spot in the late 90s/early 00s before they finally broke through. Sadly, we look like we may never. So this is our legacy. No matter how hard it is to win a Super Bowl or how many other teams have also failed to get there.

The only thing I'll relent is how dismissive non Saints fans and the media can be about the 2018 NFCCG. I mean the refs make the obvious and right call and we literally are guaranteed a Super Bowl berth barring a Lutz shank. But I've grown content with the fact that non Saints fans will ever truly care about that.

That doesn't matter.

I don't get why fans are confused as to why the oasis is on us more than any other team as far as coming up short. I mean look at this...look!

Like it or not, that's unprecedented and that is our legacy. If you've had the regular season run we've had with ZERO Super Bowl appearances to show for it, people will mark that against you. The Eagles were in our same spot in the late 90s/early 00s before they finally broke through. Sadly, we look like we may never. So this is our legacy. No matter how hard it is to win a Super Bowl or how many other teams have also failed to get there.

The only thing I'll relent is how dismissive non Saints fans and the media can be about the 2018 NFCCG. I mean the refs make the obvious and right call and we literally are guaranteed a Super Bowl berth barring a Lutz shank. But I've grown content with the fact that non Saints fans will ever truly care about that.

Maybe we should have had one or two more clunkers against lesser teams each year, so we'd just be another 10-6 team that loses on the road in the playoffs like they're supposed to.

In one way, the "choking" is just a result of the dink and dunk style of the team as currently constructed. Brees' skill set over the last 3-4 years lended itself to an efficient, but predictable, style of play. That will be good enough to beat bad and average teams 95% of the time, getting you 12-13 wins a year. But you have no margin of error against playoff-level teams, especially ones who have an entire season's worth of film on you come playoff time.

Looking back, it seems as though 2018 was our very best last chance. We all know what happened there. The last two years were merely regular season overachievements with lackluster postseason performances. At least we were in position to win in 2018 with a packed dome.

That doesn't matter.

I agree with you and I wish the media would realize that Every NFC South team outside of the Bucs have been to Super Bowl since Brees was here

Out of the 4 years, the only year I feel certain the Saints would have ended up in the Super Bowl and probably win it was 2018. We remember what happened that year, so no need to beat that dead horse

2017, we weren't going on the road and beating the Eagles
2019, maybe we had a shot, but the 49ers were good on both sides of the ball. And we weren't gonna beat the Chiefs anyway
2020, we would have lost to the Packers. And I think Buffalo and KC are better than us.

Our decline on offense has been apparent for the last 2 years for sure, IMO. Our defense has gotten to a level where we thought we could overcome it. I think we had a real good chance in 2018, but the other years, really wasn't our time

And 2011, well that was our best team ever. If we can figure out how to stop Alex Smith, we crush the Giants, then crush the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

If we could only muster one with the likes of Drew Brees, I don't see how anybody else gets us close.

If winning multiple championships is this hard, how is someone with lesser talent going to do more than what Drew did. How does that even work. And how long does it take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom