Only Two Franchises Have Won More Than One Championship Since ‘06 (1 Viewer)

Just to take into consideration that only two teams (Giants 2, Patriots 6) have won more than one SB in the last 20 years is enough to feel good about what we had
Three, Steelers won in ‘05 and ‘08

EDIT: And if you expand the window slightly to 21 years, you can also add the Ravens (‘00/‘12) to that list

That’s why I can’t understand all this Saints Choking talk. It’s HARD to get to a Super Bowl, yet alone win one. What Saints have done these pass 4 years has been amazing.

According to lay fans... There's only one good team each season and 31 that sucked. Same in college. I don't get it.
All I personally hope for is for my team to be in the mix. A contender.

Three, Steelers won in ‘05 and ‘08

EDIT: And if you expand the window slightly to 21 years, you can also add the Ravens (‘00/‘12) to that list

Both of your "expansions" are irrelevant, his premise was based on 2006 NOT 2005(much less '00). '06 was the year Payton/Brees started w/the Saints. His statement was a FACT, based on HIS parameters(that are perfectly appropriate to the discussion).

EDIT: unless you consider Brees in SD & Payton in NYG/DAL as being responsible for the Saints results from 2000-2005.

Both of your "expansions" are irrelevant, his premise was based on 2006 NOT 2005(much less '00). '06 was the year Payton/Brees started w/the Saints. His statement was a FACT, based on HIS parameters(that are perfectly appropriate to the discussion).

EDIT: unless you consider Brees in SD & Payton in NYG/DAL as being responsible for the Saints results from 2000-2005.
I was specifically correcting the post from @PXSaber that I responded to, not saying anything about the OP or what he had to say.

Dungy got annoyed while defending Brees' legacy on NBC at some point during this season by pointing out how forking hard it is to just win a single Super Bowl and how you have to have the right roster AND have so many other things go perfectly for you to win it all.

Look at the list of HOF QBs from the Super Bowl era. A considerable number of them have either won only 1 (as a starter, I don't count Young's 88 & 89 rings for him as a backup) or 0. If Rivers gets in, there will be another QB to join Fouts and Moon on the list of HOF QBs who never even made it to a Super Bowl.

Most haven't mortgaged the future like we in an attempt to win a second Lombardi.
You’ve set a rhetorical trap for yourself
- either you’re admitting that going ‘all in’ isn’t sound strategy and the SB is not that important overall
or
- recognizing that there isn’t a formula and winning a SB is much more about happenstance than planning

You’ve set a rhetorical trap for yourself
- either you’re admitting that going ‘all in’ isn’t sound strategy and the SB is not that important overall
or
- recognizing that there isn’t a formula and winning a SB is much more about happenstance than planning
I don't think I have set a trap at all. Just stating something pretty obvious I feel.

We bet the house and it didn't have the desired result. I don't think we'll know if it was sound until we see if the team can remain competitive.

2nd Lombardi or not if we are 5-11 for a few seasons most won't be happy.

The Patriots and the Giants are the only franchises that have won more than one during Brees’ tenure.
The Carroll Seahawks, the Ravens, the Tomlin Steelers, the Dungy/Manning Colts; all with one championship.
Brees is still a first ballot HOF’er. He’s still one of the greatest to play. His legacy is safe.
Great. So we should be content and not fret the fact that we had one of the best QB and head coach combos in history and the best chance to do better than the other teams in the same boat. Ok.

Great. So we should be content and not fret the fact that we had one of the best QB and head coach combos in history and the best chance to do better than the other teams in the same boat. Ok.
I’m just saying not every HOF coach/QB has a Jordan like legacy. More often than not, it’s just one championship. Especially in the NFL.

I don't think I have set a trap at all. Just stating something pretty obvious I feel.

We bet the house and it didn't have the desired result. I don't think we'll know if it was sound until we see if the team can remain competitive.

2nd Lombardi or not if we are 5-11 for a few seasons most won't be happy.
When exactly did we go all in? I feel like we never went all in, ever, or we did a terrible job doing it. I can state obvious holes and deficiencies each year that signaled not golf all in, or not knowing how to do it. So yeah. If you don’t know how to do it, then don’t do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom