Onyemata is back (2 Viewers)

David Onyemata was only signed to a 1 year deal? I’m surprised and disappointed somewhat by this news... I really thought the Saints locked him up to a multi-year deal... at least 2-3 years?

3EC285A5-23B3-4F63-981B-E6BADD25470B.jpeg

That can’t possibly be right.

edit: it’s not.

3 years, $27 million with $18 million guaranteed

David Onyemata was only signed to a 1 year deal? I’m surprised and disappointed somewhat by this news... I really thought the Saints locked him up to a multi-year deal... at least 2-3 years?

3EC285A5-23B3-4F63-981B-E6BADD25470B.jpeg

That's confusing as heck. Think it's a typo. 1 year or not, that would be an incredible steal at 2.25 mil.

According to the below tweet it's 9-mil per for 3 years. That lines up more with the comments in your article. I too think we paid too much. The upside is there, but we have to see it now for that price to pan out.

Thank goodness. A one year deal would have been brutal. We will be really short on DTs in 2021. Only Onyemata and Tuttle

That's confusing as heck. Think it's a typo. 1 year or not, that would be an incredible steal at 2.25 mil.

According to the below tweet it's 9-mil per for 3 years. That lines up more with the comments in your article. I too think we paid too much. The upside is there, but we have to see it now for that price to pan out.

Thank you for clearing this up! ?

I feel much better about it now that I know the correct info. Onyemata is still really learning the game... This contract could end up looking like a steal as soon as next season.
If/When it really *clicks* for Onyemata, he will be a dominant force.

Thank you for clearing this up! ?

I feel much better about it now that I know the correct info. Onyemata is still really learning the game... This contract could end up looking like a steal as soon as next season.
If/When it really *clicks* for Onyemata, he will be a dominant force.

I just hate that he goes from a promising ascending talent to someone that has to live up to his contract. I was hoping for more in the 6-7 mi range so not like it's back-breaking. Just changes the perspective a bit for me. Makes me wonder about Rankins future also.

I just hate that he goes from a promising ascending talent to someone that has to live up to his contract. I was hoping for more in the 6-7 mi range so not like it's back-breaking. Just changes the perspective a bit for me. Makes me wonder about Rankins future also.

I read something about how someone asked a bunch of Saints players... “what teammate would you want with on a camping trip if you had to fight a bear?” ...and every guy said Onyemata. He’s got a good chance to outperform this contract if he continues to develop.

Meh, Hicks got himself traded. If he didn't make such a big stink about having to play 3-tech he probably would've been retained. But instead he got shipped off to New England and is now in Chicago... playing 3-tech. Curious how that works.

Hicks played the 3-tech in 2013. The Saints had him lose weight to play the 5-tech and that’s what made him unhappy. He performed well in 2013 and was set to breakout, but then the Saints tried to have him change positions. He does play 3-tech in Chicago just as he did in 2013 with us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom