Oof I've been with same company 20 years tomorrow (1 Viewer)

I got you beat by about 6 months on june 23rd... i was with a company 20 years... worked my way up from the bottom. they sold out in October and laid off the entire office staff. Cheers.

I hit 20 years this past October. Different levels of the same job until I was selected to manage the local operations in 2014. It has changed a lot for sure. For the better though. I have a great group of folks working for me and our leadership is pretty good as well. I really can’t imagine myself working anywhere else.

I got you beat by about 6 months on june 23rd... i was with a company 20 years... worked my way up from the bottom. they sold out in October and laid off the entire office staff. Cheers.

Talk about "oof". Really sorry to hear that. Hope things work out.

Congratualations. I have been working for the National Park Service for almost 18 years, but two long shutdowns in the last 6 years are somehow making it feel longer than that.

Boss just called to make sure I'm working tomorrow and reminded me tomorrow makes 20 years.

Sheesh. Time flies.

Congratulations. I started the company I run now in 1998 and have one guy who's been with me since 2004. I hope they buy you a Rolex to show their appreciation for your commitment.

Congrats.

I hit my 10 year with my current (second) company a couple of months ago.

There was definitely a time I didn't think I'd be here 2 more weeks vs 7-8 more years...

Congratulations. I started the company I run now in 1998 and have one guy who's been with me since 2004. I hope they buy you a Rolex to show their appreciation for your commitment.

id settle for a high back executive chair with the shiatsu massage. lol

because it would make my day easier to post here. lol.

If your boss had a heart he would've called you, congratulated you on the 20 years and said to take the day off. But no, another day to row the boat for The Man.

If your boss had a heart he would've called you, congratulated you on the 20 years and said to take the day off. But no, another day to row the boat for The Man.

I did receive an email with some kind words.

ive never bought into the whole "THE MAN" narrative and possibly why ive been here 20 years. Point being, if you would have told me 20 years ago that in 20 years this is where you will be ( life, career, earnings etc ) i would have laughed hysterically, sipped my Sky Lab and kept one eye out for the next honey walking thru the door.

Its all good, ill row. id do the same for wife, kids or whomever else needed a rower. Might as well get compensated well for it. lol.

id settle for a high back executive chair with the shiatsu massage. lol

because it would make my day easier to post here. lol.

That's funny. I'm evidently more than hard on chairs so the guys bought me one of these about 5 years ago. It's uncomfortable as hell and I still haven't figured how to adjust it, but it was so freaking expensive I haven't he heart to tell them it sucks or throw it away.

Attachments

• 20190111_130942.jpg
    20190111_130942.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 6
Congratulations. Its interesting to see a number of long-tenured people on this thread given the transient modern workplace.

I'm just shy of 13 years at my job

I'll hit 20 years on the job in October, and celebrated 20 years married last year (going on 24 years together). Time definitely flies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom