"Oooohhh, he went to Jared" (2 Viewers)

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen these commercials for Jared Jewelrers where the guy buys the girl some jewelry and everyone goes gah-gah over where he bought it? Well, today "oohhh, I went to Jared" to have my wife's wedding ring fixed. It got misshapen, turning from round to oval over the years(almost 14 now). So, these Jared people tell me it's gonna be $238 to fix the ring because the mounts for the diamonds need to be replaced. Yeah right, like I'm gonna pay that. So I take it to a Fast-Fix Jewelry repair in the mall and it's round again and all shiny for $30.

"Oooohhh, he went to Jared and got ripped off"

Holy crap dude.. I'm going to pass that along to my wife and dad. $30 would be the most the charge and probably not even that much.

Wow..

they gotta pay for those national advertisements somehow. lol

eric

I despise those commercials, especially when my wife is in the room. Every time there is a jewelry commercial on from any store, she gets this glazed over look in her eye. The only way I can describe it is that it is the same look I imagine I have when the Victoria Secret ads come on. :D

Jared is Kay Jewlers....just different marketing strategy.

I despise those commercials, especially when my wife is in the room. Every time there is a jewelry commercial on from any store, she gets this glazed over look in her eye. The only way I can describe it is that it is the same look I imagine I have when the Victoria Secret ads come on. :D

:hihi:

My wife works at my dad's shop. Gemstone and jewelry dealers stop in all the time. Can you guess what percentage of her paychecks we actually see? :covri:

Actually she's not bad with buying things, but I do have an ever increasing list of items she wants. I need to buy her more fingers for her hands first I think.

"oooohhh, he went to jared"

what are things you will never hear antipop's girlfriend say???

i'll take "the pen is mightier" for 300, alex...

"oooohhh, he went to jared"

what are things you will never hear antipop's girlfriend say???

i'll take "the pen is mightier" for 300, alex...

Nah, you're good at the Walmart brah.

and that piercing chick singing on the radio commercials

"it can only be :kicked up to the highest pitch imaginable: JARED!"

:hihi:

My wife works at my dad's shop. Gemstone and jewelry dealers stop in all the time. Can you guess what percentage of her paychecks we actually see? :covri:

Actually she's not bad with buying things, but I do have an ever increasing list of items she wants. I need to buy her more fingers for her hands first I think.

she can always wear it some place else.

ok pervs thats not what I'm talking about she can get earrings or a necklace.

I'm sorry, I'm probably more of a jewelry snob than most seeing that I've grown up around my dad's shop all my life and know gemstones/diamonds quite well.. but the jewelry section in walmart seems really odd. "Baby I'm gonna go pick up some bananas, toilet paper, and your wedding band. I think it's sized."

EDIT:

she can always wear it some place else.

ok pervs thats not what I'm talking about she can get earrings or a necklace.

:smilielol:

Happily, my wife despises those commercials because of the snootiness of them.

I love your new slogan, though.
"He went to Jared's and got ripped off."
It still fits the snooty atmosphere implying he's rich enough to get ripped off by Jared's and not care...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom