Open Question to the Mods: Asking for clarification (...in the interest of all concerned) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
First of all, I want everyone to know that if you haven't walked in the Mods' shoes, don't criticize them. For all we see (for public viewing), there's a whole lot that isn't seen when they contact users via Private Message (PM's).

Having said that, I would really like clarification on what reasoning is used when a thread is killed ("moved" or merged) instead of letting it stay and dying a natural death.

Several days ago there were a few threads with some complaining about the number of Falcons' threads. After that, it seemed that ATL/Falcons-subject threads were moved on a fairly regular basis. Now, it seems that they are popping up again without being moved or killed. There are a lot of aspects to "discuss" with this current playoff scenario. But again, I understand that having a dozen threads about the how the Saints/Falcons stack up vs. the tiebreaking rules is a bit ridiculous.

But on another note, there are some discussions that talk about power rankings, injuries, statistics, etc... that are DIFFERENT. Yet, whenever some see a thread that mentions ANYTHING about the Falclowns, they mention: "Oh boy, here's another Atlanta thread..." ---even if it's bringing up something from an entirely different angle.

I guess I'm asking for a straight-up "reminder" (or at least an overview) of what you guys expect from the crew (i.e.: us out here in Original Poster: "OP Land"). After all, there's a lot of time (and lots of potential threads) between now and that big game vs. the Falclowns 2-days after Christmas (on Monday Night Football).

Again, your job is not enviable. Thanks. :cool:

:gosaints:

Well, sometimes, it is because they are new threads that should have been posts added to a thread already started. ie: How to beat Atlanta, just say that is a thread title, the next person with an opinion on the same subj. will start a new thread titled; Keys to beating Atlanta, then someone else will start an entirely new thread; The Saints can win in ATL. etc. Now, we have three new threads, all based on the same exact subject. Each thread starter wanting to be, for some reason, the one that started it, and not just add his/her post to the original. Now, this could be due to the ensuing thread starter not reading the board, but we encourage posters to read the board, the first page at least, to avoid some of the repetitive threads.
This is just one of the many reasons I look for to move, edit, or merge posts. Hope this helps a little.

P.S. Remember, we are humans, and as such, we all have slightly different opinions ourselves, so being perfectly consistant is a little much to expect. ;) :)

P.S. Remember, we are humans, and as such, we all have slightly different opinions ourselves, so being perfectly consistant is a little much to expect. ;) :)

AHHHH HHAAAAAA!

our mods = nfl refs??!?!?! hmmmmm....can ya throw the Saints a bone here in Dec? :hihi:

Well, sometimes, it is because they are new threads that should have been posts added to a thread already started. ie: How to beat Atlanta, just say that is a thread title, the next person with an opinion on the same subj. will start a new thread titled; Keys to beating Atlanta, then someone else will start an entirely new thread; The Saints can win in ATL. etc. Now, we have three new threads, all based on the same exact subject. Each thread starter wanting to be, for some reason, the one that started it, and not just add his/her post to the original. Now, this could be due to the ensuing thread starter not reading the board, but we encourage posters to read the board, the first page at least, to avoid some of the repetitive threads.
This is just one of the many reasons I look for to move, edit, or merge posts. Hope this helps a little.

Also, we have a very short leash on smack talk on the Super Forum. Sometimes when there are rude responses and smack talk, it is easier to move the thread BTL or delete altogether. All it takes is a couple of knucklehead responses for a good thread to go south. Keeping the smack talk BTL allows for better discussion on the Super Forum.

I think the BTL is abused with moves. i mean this forum isnt a childrens forum lol. Everyones over 13 year.

Perhaps there should simply be a recycle bin.

Where previously good thread go to die.

I know the BTL board is the accepted one for 'bad thread' moves, but really, if they're going there specifically to die (which I'm sure in some cases that's the specific reason they're moved) then a dumpster, cemetery, board of shame, something like that may serve this purpose better? At least then the BTL regulars wouldn't have to sort through these extras to get to the stuff they're actually looking for. Maybe here it could be called the "Falcon's Fan Practice Squad Forum". :hihi:

I don't think folks who view the" latest threads" in tapatalk or one of the other forum readers know what forum a thread is in most of the time. Many of us use the "latest function search" and have no idea what forum a thread is in. Maybe that's one reason there is so much smack lately

as a supermod on another site I can say that there's a lot that goes on to keep the board free from non-sense and halfway on track. There are also a ton of judgement calls and grey areas. It's not always a yes/no answer. A lot of time is invested by the staff and it's a thankless job. They do it because they enjoy the site and enjoy the team. IMO this site is ran really well and is very efficient at getting the non-sense taken care of. It may not be a childrens forum but that still doesn't mean children aren't looking at it.

as a supermod on another site I can say that there's a lot that goes on to keep the board free from non-sense and halfway on track. There are also a ton of judgement calls and grey areas. It's not always a yes/no answer. A lot of time is invested by the staff and it's a thankless job. They do it because they enjoy the site and enjoy the team. IMO this site is run really well and is very efficient at getting the non-sense taken care of. It may not be a childrens forum but that still doesn't mean children aren't looking at it.

Amen, brotha! :00000654:

I challenge anyone to find another sports fan bulletin board that's managed better than SR.com (...even un-named ones in the Crescent City). :covri:

I think the BTL is abused with moves. i mean this forum isnt a childrens forum lol. Everyones over 13 year.

It's not just about off color, "adult" material. It's precisely the stuff that could be written by 13 year olds that most often get moved. Senseless trolling and/or bickering is the biggest culprit.

Why in the world would you start a thread about me??? The bengals are coming up for goodness sake ...sheeesh

Why not just message a 'mod' about a 'mod' question rather than call them out on a thread?

Who's "calling them out" for crying out loud? If you look at the thread title, it is "...in the interest of all concerned."

I suspect that I'm not the only one who would/could benefit from clarification.

Also, if you look at the "sticky" for NEWER MEMBERS (posted by Andrus), calling out a Mod will usually get you banned! :banned:

J) ...the quickest way to being banned is to attack the mod. Never call out the Mods publically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom