Open Question to the Mods: Asking for clarification (...in the interest of all concerned) (1 Viewer)

Why not just message a 'mod' about a 'mod' question rather than call them out on a thread?
I don't see this as calling out the mods. The OP has a legit question and it doesn't hurt anything for everybody else to see the answer. If he had the question, others likely do too. It probably should have been put in EE instead of SSF but I don't have a problem with the thread.

Yeah, I see this as an effort to spark a discussion of SR moderation and to include the mods in that conversation. We're not calling them idiots or anything.
(now i'll get banned for using 'mods' and 'idiots' in the same post. :) )

I'm pretty sure the reason that all of the recent threads regarding the Falcons are getting merged or moved is because they all end up going down the same path after about 8 hours. As time goes on, the origianl post has derailed and the topic of conversation has become "Are the Falcons really good" type of talk.

I think a lot of the repeat subjects (recent Falcons threads are a good example) are because the site is so busy. Threads quickly explode, and soon die because they're simply too long to read through. I think people tend to post new threads just so their thoughts won't be buried 10 pages deep, and are more likely to be read.

Well if Ocho can talk smack and the other NFL players can talk smack, then why cant we talk a little smack?

I think a lot of the repeat subjects (recent Falcons threads are a good example) are because the site is so busy. Threads quickly explode, and soon die because they're simply too long to read through. I think people tend to post new threads just so their thoughts won't be buried 10 pages deep, and are more likely to be read.

In other words, it's the "look at me, I've got something important to say" mentality.

I don't buy the explanation that threads "explode and soon die" - in fact, that seems contrarian to me. A thread that's "simply too long to read through" usually has a pretty long life, and for someone to simply start a new thread instead of adding to the existing one is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

In other words, it's the "look at me, I've got something important to say" mentality.

I don't buy the explanation that threads "explode and soon die" - in fact, that seems contrarian to me. A thread that's "simply too long to read through" usually has a pretty long life, and for someone to simply start a new thread instead of adding to the existing one is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

:plus-un2:

B-I-N-G-O, Wahoo.

To be honest, we should all be introspective to make sure that this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, even though not intentional, I have been guilty of this in the past. Maybe no one else has, but I certainly have. It's called ego.

I guess if you think you've got an angle that you feel is "unique," why not add it to a topic already going? I can't control others' actions, but I can take care of mine.

Consider it done. :cool:

:gosaints:

Another Falcons thread.....GET OVER IT!...They won.

:rofl:

FXT.

As long as this thread is here has SR every considered an Around The NFL forum and a forum you can post on when you are seeking administrative help or help with the site?

I'm not talking about mega-threads that go on and on. I'm talking about slightly above average length threads. They go 5-10 pages deep, and last only a day or so. When they're bumped down, they disappear, and new ones on the same subject soon take their place.

I'm not so sure about the "look at me..." remark.

If someone is 90% sure that nobody will read their remarks because they're buried 6 pages down, why waste the time? I think that's a main reason why repetitive subjects are started.

I'm not a Mod, but the falcons suck!

I'm not sure if that clarified anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom