Open up, this is the Police! (1 Viewer)

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
"Oh wow man, I have all your albums!"

---

Police reunion rumors reaching fever pitch

By Jonathan Cohen Wed Jan 3, 5:48 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the rock trio's first since disbanding in 1986.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sources told Billboard.com the reports -- in the British press -- were legitimate, but they would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion. (MORE)

my 37 year old sister is really excited about this:hihi:

I bet Copeland punches Sting in the throat by the 3rd gig

I bet Copeland punches Sting in the throat by the 3rd gig

I'd love to seem them play live. But if they start in the UK first, they'd prob. never make it to the US.

If they do this, then a Superdome performance is a must.

I guess sting read <a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33682">this article</a> and decided to do something about it.

that's great. but technically, "Be My Girl - Sally" was an Andy Summers song and "On Any Other Day" ("My wife has burned the scrambled eggs / The dog just bit my leg / My teenage daughter ran away / My fine young son has turned out gay"?) was Stewart Copeland.

If I could somehow mind control Sting into A) playing "Canary in a Coalmine","Fallout" and "Low Life" as well as B) not be tempted into adding any blues horns/gospel singers/Kenny G jazz arrangements I'd be reeeeally excited about seeing them play. I'd still go for Summers/Copeland in truth.

I absolutely worshiped The Police/Sting about 15 years ago but ever since "Mercury Falling", everything Sting has done has been utter garbage and I just don't trust him musically anymore. He has had 3 of the best lineups to work with (Police, DotBT jazz all stars, Soul Cages/Ten Summoners band of death) and threw it all away to contemplate his navel and dream of composing lute solos.

e yo
e yo
e yayo

/sniff

>>my 37 year old sister is really excited about this

hahahaha They got big when I was already into deeper stuff, but in retrospect, Regatta de Blanc, Synchronicity and probably some of Zenyatta Mondatta stand the test of time. Then of course was the Fripp and Summers work (I Advance Masked).

And for you and Widge mentioning BTE the other day :covri: I heard that stupid song today on the radio. Now from being stuck in my head, I hope it gets stuck in yours:

o ah hah hah ah wah ha

:vomit:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom