Opinion on why Jared Cook signing is taking so long? (1 Viewer)

The Easton contract issue was fixed fairly quickly.

No disrespect at all, but usually when this happens it's pretty obvious.

Usually it's an agreement on terms of the contract and trying to hit the sweet spot of the contract that is good for both parties.

Which is probably about guaranteed money and incentives.

Could be wrong, but that's typically the issue

I don't know what to make of this I am sure we are good but we haven't seen the numbers for both of those guys.
The Easton issue was fixed about an hour after it came out the was a problem.

Saintswire is reporting that Cook and Sherels haven't even had a contract presented to them to be signed but do have agreements in place. This is the strangest off season we have had in awhile. I am sure there are good reasons if this is true but it just seems odd that we didn't have everything organized. It will be interesting to see if there will be another move after these two.

I don't know what to make of this I am sure we are good but we haven't seen the numbers for both of those guys.

Saintswire is reporting that Cook and Sherels haven't even had a contract presented to them to be signed but do have agreements in place. This is the strangest off season we have had in awhile. I am sure there are good reasons if this is true but it just seems odd that we didn't have everything organized. It will be interesting to see if there will be another move after these two.

Working on an MT extension maybe?

That would be a great thing it would be nice to extend him now and secure his future with us. With the way these wr contracts are going it would be in our best interests to tie him up now especially before his contract year. I don't want to get into a bidding war with some team that has 100 million in free cap space and is willing to throw money at him that is just too good to pass up no matter what your love for a team and city can't match.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but this seems pretty common for the Saints. The team is annually “in a bad cap situation” but when there’s a decent dollar FA available that has mutual interest, they spend a bit of time shuffling the money around to make it work.

Last edited:
Working on an MT extension maybe?

I've been thinking this might be the case. With all of the reports of WRs getting new deals like Julio, AB, etc. The FO might be trying to get ahead of this and working out an extension for MT. It's smart to do it now. They may also be working on something with Peat as well, get him extended to lock him up long term and lower his cap hit.

They keep having to re-type the contracts. They keep misspelling their names.

Jared Cooks
and
Marcus Sherel

That dang "s" is killing everybody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom