Opinions needed. (1 Viewer)

rex

Veteran
Reaction score
Is it time for Danny Clark to replace Simoneau?

He's an aggressive run stopping machine. Is he better than MS in pass coverage?

What do you all think?

I hardly see how opinions are "needed" for this question, unless of course this is Sean. In which case, we're all doomed if you are asking us for advice.

That being said, Simoneau is fine.

i am sure payton plays whoever who he feels helps the team the most.....i haven't seen enough of clark to really say that he should start over Simoneau

I'm on the fence on this issue. Do you mess with a group that has performed better than expected even though 1 player in that group has done very little? Maybe Simoneau has played well, but it just doesn't show in the stat column. Maybe he's taking on blockers for the other to get the tackles. I don't know and I don't think you could make a call on that unless you know the MLBer's responcibilty in Gibbs' scheme.

If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

It doesn't have to be broke to make an adjustment that out-performs it's predessesor.

If you feel it makes you better, you have to do it! Our LBing Corps can be a whole lot better than it is right now! While they're not bad, they're not great either.

Holy mackerel, this thread again?

Here's my opinion: it's an absolutely horrendous idea.

Simoneau doesn't even play that much to begin with. The Saints play a lot with a nickel defense, and move the extra DB into the box, outide, all over the place.

Just last night I saw breakdown of the Saints defense on the NFL channel, and they mentioned Simoneau as playing really smart, heady defense.

I think we should bring back Ronald McKinnon, or maybe even Charlie Clemons.

its the front four that make the linebackers better run stuffers, so it really wouldnt change much...it would change a little, actually I think it would improve but not as much as you would think, were not gonna all of sudden be holding teams to 50 yards per game on the ground.

Holy mackerel, this thread again?

Here's my opinion: it's an absolutely horrendous idea.

Simoneau doesn't even play that much to begin with. The Saints play a lot with a nickel defense, and move the extra DB into the box, outide, all over the place.

Just last night I saw breakdown of the Saints defense on the NFL channel, and they mentioned Simoneau as playing really smart, heady defense.

I think we should bring back Ronald McKinnon, or maybe even Charlie Clemons.

Not to mention we're only giving up 3 YPC up the middle but 5+ along the edges. "Maybe Simoneau isn't getting to the edges quick enough and thats the problem!" It could be, and i'm not opposed to drafting a quick playmaking MLB like Patrick Willis. But an even slower Danny Clark doesn't exactly fix that problem in the interim does it?

Not to mention we're only giving up 3 YPC up the middle but 5+ along the edges. "Maybe Simoneau isn't getting to the edges quick enough and thats the problem!" It could be, and i'm not opposed to drafting a quick playmaking MLB like Patrick Willis. But an even slower Danny Clark doesn't exactly fix that problem in the interim does it?

I think it's true that he has some trouble getting to the edges. But he's not terrible, and he's certainly playing well in all other aspects of his game.

I have heard mentioned that Clark is better suited for stuffing run plays in the middle and Simoneau is better sideline to sideline and in coverage. Not sure if they want to twaek the lineup or not? Being ranked 10th overall on defense is not too bad.(3rd against the pass and 27th the run)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom