Opinions on issue with my son (1 Viewer)

OP I think I could have got the just of your story without the details of how large your son is. :shrug:

This is a high school tizzy, leave it be, it will pass.

And for the record at 15 I'm sure I might have popped a boner if I was wrastlin' a girl. Being a 15 year old boy that thing has a mind of its own haha.

Last edited:
There is nothing to flesh out. Boys >>>>girls at sports. It's a fact. If you don't understand that then I can't help you. Girls wrestling boys is stupid imo.

LOLOLOLOL. Ok. Just like your opinion.....imo. Have a good evening dude....LOL

Many Joe blows off the street would bury her in 10 seconds. Girl's wrestling boys isn't about competition. It's about feminism and it looks like we have a few feminists here. Case closed.

So what’s your background in any wrestling or combat sports? No feminist...just a realist...which obviously escapes you.

So derail aside: OP your kid will be fine. It’s just HS BS.

Many Joe blows off the street would bury her in 10 seconds. Girl's wrestling boys isn't about competition. It's about feminism and it looks like we have a few feminists here. Case closed.

Really? This I would like to see. She’s trained more or less since she was a kid, and you’re saying that some Joe off the street could beat her up in 10 seconds? Please.

Now as far as wrestling, it’s a whole lot less about strength than leverage and balance. Yes you need strength, but wrestling isn’t always a case where the fight goes to the strong.

Few obervations and comments. First this was never meant as a thread bragging about my boys junk. It's not about that at all. Mostly it's just another in 1000 parenting moments I have zero experience with and maybe someone else does and I'm willing to take advice. Secondly, I don't have an opinion for girls wrestling one way or the other. I've seen both. I've seen girls wipe the floor with my son when he wrestled 86lbs. There's a girl in his 120 class now that's wicked good and across the country there's lots of them. From boys point of view I do think it's a match he can't really win in the eyes of his peers. My son is not a world beater on the mat but he loves wrestling. I didn't wrestle growing up but have taken interest just for his sake. It's not my sport but I support my son and when he has any problem I try to help him.....I'm not always a ton of help but he thinks I am which is good for me. I don't need to be everyone's hero.....but I do want to be my kids hero.
I'm pretty hesitant posting this video due to the conversation but honestly I still see nothing he did wrong. Watch this and tell me how any adult in the stands is watching this making the comments they did. Had this of been any other matches I seriously doubt anything would've been said. Because it was a girl they look d for a reason. I will delete the video if it becomes an issue but really guys.....I see no problem with it and shared it with all my friends as just a win before any of this other stuff became an issue.

Looks like it went fine but your son was man handling that girl lol, they should have a girls division.

I wrestled in HS and there was zero girls wrestling in late 80's early 90's

Watching that was like watching me from 50 years ago. I was a tall, extremely white kid who wrestled at 126, so it was absolutely more about technique and leverage for me, rather than strength. I can see how a short, stocky and strong 126 pound girl could have beaten me, since my only loss at that age was to a boy that fit that description. I saw nothing in the video that should cause Zach any problem in the way he acted. However, there is no way I would want one of my three daughters wrestling against boys. The video reminded me that there was no way for the participants to avoid what would be inappropriate contact if it were in another setting. I don't care that it was between two willing participants; I wouldn't want my 15 year old girl handled in that manner.

One other thing stood out -- that girl needed to be coached better. Her escape technique was lacking.

Watching that was like watching me from 50 years ago. I was a tall, extremely white kid who wrestled at 126, so it was absolutely more about technique and leverage for me, rather than strength. I can see how a short, stocky and strong 126 pound girl could have beaten me, since my only loss at that age was to a boy that fit that description. I saw nothing in the video that should cause Zach any problem in the way he acted. However, there is no way I would want one of my three daughters wrestling against boys. The video reminded me that there was no way for the participants to avoid what would be inappropriate contact if it were in another setting. I don't care that it was between two willing participants; I wouldn't want my 15 year old girl handled in that manner.

One other thing stood out -- that girl needed to be coached better. Her escape technique was lacking.
Think about what you are saying though
When you wrestled was it a gay experience?
Did you feel sexually engaged during a fireman’s carry?
If boys can do these actions in a non-sexual manner, why can’t girls?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom