Opinions through 3 games. (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brandon Ingram is our best player, not Jrue Holiday.
We would be 3-0 with Zion.
Gentry is not a good coach.
NBA refs are bad.
Frank Jackson in very improved.
Lonzo’s shot is greatly improved, but he should not be taking 10 3 pointers a game.
Our future is awesome.
We can compete with anybody, even with key players out, because of depth. Super fun team to watch and have been very competitive against 3 good teams so far.

Jrues slow start is a puzzle
Good exciting YOUNG team with lots of upside but lots of gelling ahead
No idea why we do let follow our shots - if we don’t hit that first shot, it’s like ‘oh well’ (Zion will definitely help with that)
NAW needs to settle down
Ingram and Favors are very pleasant surprises

We are last years' Lakers without LeBron... LOL

I was worried this would happen, and I never wanted anything the Lakers had in trade from a player perspective... I'm glad we got all the picks... but the players we got could have stayed.

Without Zion... we are last years' Lakers without LeBron....

I would have been happier losing games - and developing and playing all the super talented young players we have than playing these Laker rejects.

We still don't play defense... and Zion won't make Gentry a good coach....

Last edited:
I thought, at the very least, this would be a fun team to watch. They aren’t. It’s not fun watching the Pelicans jack up contested 3 pointers constantly, while giving up easy layups and wide open 3’s on the other end of the floor.

It was a near perfect offseason for the Pels. Keeping Gentry was the one questionable decision and I think that question is being answered already.
Honestly I thought the guy handled the fiasco that was last year like a real pro. But he just ain't gettin it done.

I think that it is a little too much to ask that what is basically a completely brand new team, and a young one at that be fully up to speed and all phases of the game four games into a new season. No doubt they have a lot of energy and you can certainly see that they have a lot of promise. I know we all wanted them to start winning right away, but this is what reality looks like right now. It is going to take a little before they figure things out and start playing like the talented team we know they can be.

Gentry is who Gentry is and that's not ever going to change.

I think that it is a little too much to ask that what is basically a completely brand new team, and a young one at that be fully up to speed and all phases of the game four games into a new season. No doubt they have a lot of energy and you can certainly see that they have a lot of promise. I know we all wanted them to start winning right away, but this is what reality looks like right now. It is going to take a little before they figure things out and start playing like the talented team we know they can be.

Gentry is who Gentry is and that's not ever going to change.
I agree.

That is why it was a mistake to stick with him through the summer because his coaching philosophy is predicated on the Pels scoring 140 ppg, defense be damned. They could have at least supplemented the staff with a defensive guru.

I agree.

That is why it was a mistake to stick with him through the summer because his coaching philosophy is predicated on the Pels scoring 140 ppg, defense be damned. They could have at least supplemented the staff with a defensive guru.
They did. Jeff Bzdelik who has been credited with the defensive turnaround in Houston last season is on staff. Again, these things take more than 3-4 games. I'll reserve judgement until the All Star break.

They did. Jeff Bzdelik who has been credited with the defensive turnaround in Houston last season is on staff. Again, these things take more than 3-4 games. I'll reserve judgement until the All Star break.
Wasn't much of a turnaround, the Rockets ranked worse last year (17th) than they did a year prior (7th) and they were just 5 spots ahead of the Pels (22nd).

They did. Jeff Bzdelik who has been credited with the defensive turnaround in Houston last season is on staff. Again, these things take more than 3-4 games. I'll reserve judgement until All Star break.

I agree with that, but if the effort on D doesn't change, nothing will matter. They are letting players blow by them for layups and open lanes, leading to wide open 3 pointers. It's almost like Gentry tells players to not exert much energy on that end of the floor so that they are fresher while on offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom