Opponent Ave Passer Rating (1 Viewer)

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After 6 games we are ranked 29th in opponent average passer rating (108.2). The only teams worse are Minnesota who are 1-5 (110.4), Houston who are 1-6 (111.5), and Atlanta who are 1-6 (114.1).
Thats how good our offense has to play to cover up for how much our defense stinks. How does Dennis Allen still have a job? We cannot go far with this defense.

After 6 games we are ranked 29th in opponent average passer rating (108.2). The only teams worse are Minnesota who are 1-5 (110.4), Houston who are 1-6 (111.5), and Atlanta who are 1-6 (114.1).
Thats how good our offense has to play to cover up for how much our defense stinks. How does Dennis Allen still have a job? We cannot go far with this defense.
Subtract Drew Brees from the equation and like those other teams we too would be 1 or 0 wins.

Last edited:
The QB rating differential is always one of the most indicative stats of success year in, year out. Almost always the superbowl winner is at, or very close, to the top of that list. Saints have been allowing high QB ratings every game this year. The only thing holding them together is how efficient Drew has been.

for what’s it’s worth Teddy had a higher QB rating than Drew today even.

Don't forget Kamara.
Kamara’s been great but without Brees under center I don’t know we could quite get to the ~30 points a game needed to get wins.

I don’t know what Payton is going to do to fix it but I feel like scoring more points is a lot harder than doing something different with the defense.

If they don’t get better fast I fear what the Chiefs will do to them. Could be epically ugly.

I mean, what did they work on over the bye week?

Kamara’s been great but without Brees under center I don’t know we could quite get to the ~30 points a game needed to get wins.

I don’t know what Payton is going to do to fix it but I feel like scoring more points is a lot harder than doing something different with the defense.

If they don’t get better fast I fear what the Chiefs will do to them. Could be epically ugly.
You think scoring points in today's NFL is harder than playing defense????

The only really impressive throw Brees made was the TD to Cook. Kamara absolutely put this team on his back today. Come on give him some respect.

The only really impressive throw Brees made was the TD to Cook. Kamara absolutely put this team on his back today. Come on give him some respect.
We are already scoring points, near 30 per game.

Do you think it’s easier to get that to 35 per game or simply the defense?

We are already scoring points, near 30 per game.

Do you think it’s easier to get that to 35 per game or simply the defense?
Scoring is up 16% this season. See the scores today? We need to be closer to 40 but everyone here thinks we have some kind of elite offense or something.

We have GOT to figure out how to score faster with bigger plays.

It's safe to say with the current state of our defense our season is over. We cannot be a winning team with this defense. We're coming up on a stretch of games where that's going to be made painfully clear.

Drew won that game. If you saw any different, then you need start pregamin' an hour later next game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom