Saints Opposing defenses better prepare for a long brutal day against the Saints (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now that the Saints have drafted Cesar Ruiz they boast a really strong frontline. I have heard nothing but great things when it comes to Ruiz. With a line of Ram, McCoy, A rmstead, Ruiz, Easton/Peat, Warford expect the Saints to wear down opposing D-lines. This will lead to big holes for Kamara and Murray to run through.

When it comes to the passing game secondaries will be gassed from having to defend Cook, CGM, Sanders, Taysom and Kamara when he runs a passing route. Drew should have excellent passing lanes and just pick where he wants to pass the Ball.

Whoever else the Saints pick in this draft will be gravy. With Ruiz alone in this draft they scored an A. Now the Saints should be able to keep the offense on the field for long stretches and move the Ball at will. This helps improve a really good defense by keeping them real rested. I think great things are going to happen this year

Last edited:
Now that the Saints have drafted Cesar Ruiz they boast a really strong frontline. I have heard nothing but great things when it comes to Ruiz. With a line of Ram, McCoy, A rmstead, Ruiz, Easton/Peat, Warford expect the Saints to wear down opposing D-lines. This will lead to big holes for Kamara and Murray to run through.

When it comes to the passing game secondaries will be gassed from havihavinhavihavihan

except we will run the ball 10% of the game.

I think you are right. But I hope that Warford is not part of that equation. We don't need to pay 12 mil for an insurance policy. I think we could pick up another guy in FA for a lot cheaper to serve just as well. Or maybe a late round pick. We eat 5 mil either way but that 7 something would be nice to have back. I'm pulling for that today as much as I am our picks lol

I'd be looking towards Peyton possibly adjusting his offense to the meta of the NFL. Teams have been investing in smaller, quicker lineman/linebackers and playing primarily out of nickle. With a lack of off-season reps and the usage of multiple QBs(including read option) it might be time to go downhill at people. You can't have a weak link in zone run schemes though, one guy blowing up into the backfield can ruin the whole picture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom